STS patent

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ib4hoyt, Jan 13, 2008.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NICE......glad to here it.......

my only question is will they go after Bear for the one thay used umpteen years ago???:peace:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I don't know if this will effect meanv..Dan or not....i have 2 of his and been thinking of another.....i guess i better quit thinking about it and do it.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Great..............its about time.:peace:

4. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

Better get those CSS, vibekillers, P.O.S quickly. Once royalties start rolling in from the major manufacturers, I suppose they will put a stop to the little guys.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ahhh just dont buy the imitations and you wont have to worry about it......

6. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

Truth be told my favorite is the original. But I was about to have CHL make me another vibekiller with a longer bolt to fit through my AEP vbar and bolt it to the riser. Can't do that with the STS bracket.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

can you mount your v bar to the front of the riser???

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

not sure how this is going to work. What kind of patent did they get. Because if you look Cool hand Luke's is not like any STS out there. They are a lot of different kinds of Patents. So I am not sure it will apply to MeanV and cool hand Luke. Because there design is not the same and the can show design date of when they started making them. An beleive me I know what I am talking about.

9. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

Now you're just being silly.:doh: :D

10. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

Makes sense, but they have apparently come to an agreement with the bow manufacturers, and their designs are no more like the STS than any of the others. But they might just not want the hassle of fighting it out.

11. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Thats true.

12. QSA

Most likely that is it. I use Vibe killers because of my V Bars up front. An Luke is the only one how makes them for pro elites that mount on the back of the bow. Thanks to yours truely.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

OH yeah??

take a look.......

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  14. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Right!!! Though I do have a CSS on my target bow. I like it alot too. Its rods are all carbon fiber. Light and works real well. I have an original STS on my hunting bow and dont see a big difference in performance. And I think the CSS is a couple pennies cheaper. For now anyways!!:laugh:

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'd like to see the patent because there is no way that they got a generic type patent for an item to stop string vibration...

The archery companies are all not worried because they aren't afraid of the patent at all

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

So I should hurry up and buy one for my Ovation............right.:p

17. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

I wonder if it will be something in the lines of any and all string suppression coming reward off the the bow riser?

18. QSA

To broad of a thing. You can not get a patent on that. The only thing STS and the others have in common is they do the same thing. So the first compound bow patent would have stop all others from making them. If that were the case.

19. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

hmmmmm

The string suppresser was invented long before the sts. I think they have a patent for their design of a exsiting product. I see this going nowhere. Way to many small guys making them not to mention some of the biggest bow mfg on the planet who have millions of dollars to throw at this issue. I wouldnt go Y2K just yet on supressers.