Sts

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MO.HICK, May 14, 2007.

1. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

What art the advantages and disadvantages of a sts? On my new diamond bow it has a string twang. I have been told that a sts will take care of this. Is this true? Also if you go to diamond pics we have good pictures of the bow finally.

Mo.Hick

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

an STS will do mare than take care ofyour string twang....it is like magic dust for your bow.....all things are better w/an STS.....

3. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Does your bow have a rear mounting hole? If it does you should check out the E-Supressor. It is made by Elite but will fit any bow with a rear mounting hole. It has a larger surface area than the STS and is a lot!!! easier to get adjusted. I think it might cost like $10 more than STS.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they add little to no weight to your setup....

they will quiet any bow.....

they add no weight to you string.....(thus not slowing it down)

the arrow comes off the string at a more presice point every time, increasing accuracy......

****one thing you will NEED to do is put it on, take a few shots, take it off, and shoot a few shots, then you will see the difference****

i will bet it goes back on.....:rockon:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wont that void his warrenty putting something made by elite on a bowtech product.....:tape: :biggrin1: just kidding:peace:

6. Pat

Pat Junior Member

I agree with Bowman.Put one on ,take a few shots and then put it back on.I believe you will see a noticable difference.Have them on my bows and wouldn't be without.Any disadvantages? None that I have seen.One of my best forty dollar investments.

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Just put one on and you will be a very happy shooter. You will be glad you did.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the only dissadvantage to the STS for now is the fact that its not legal in IBO for another couple months...

thats about it......:noidea:

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

string surpressors?

I would agree,you need a string surpressor!
    There are a lot of supressors on the market today.
    The sts,The rattler & several others Before long they will be like different brand of sights or rest they all do the same thing.Which one is best i couldnt tell ya.
    Im developeing one myself i used some time ago!
    If you would like me to build you one pm me!
    This is a proto-type of a rear mount being tested!:biggrin1:

10. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

MO-Hick, I have one one my Ross and love it, you can try it out this weekend at Montrose if you would like :biggrin1: But I must warn you in advance, my Ross is not for sale :laugh:

11. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Thanks for all the info guys. Do you have to serve your string where it contacts it?

Mo.Hick

12. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I would suggest it, for longer life of your string.:rockon:

13. papito

papito Petering it since 06

The STS is a great invention they a very easy to make on the same note. You can make them out of a cable guard and a limbsaver if you want. i just finished my own.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  14. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

I have not had any string wear.

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I recently put an STS on my Ovation and it's awsome. I took my string leeches off as a result. It's quiter now than it ever was.
    Negatives: Adds a little weight to the bow, but I didn't notice it. Benefits far outweigh that.
    I did serve tha area of the string that contacts the STS but I don't think it's a requirement. As I recall there is nothing in the instructions that say to serve that portion of the string.

Ron

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nothing says you have too but they do include serving in the package for that part of the string:noidea:

The string on my switchback did not need it but my Prestige did....:noidea:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

They did ?:noidea:

It must have fallen out or it was not in there to begin with.
    Oh well, I served that area up anyway. It was my first shot at doing my own serving so that was a great first-timer. If I didn;t do it perfect it didn't matter. It did turn out pretty good though.

Ron

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

as long as you get the serving real tight.....it usaully looks pretty good....

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The middle looks great but the end where you run the serving under a big loop is kind of rough looking. I need to practice that more but I was still happy with the first attempt.

Ron

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: