Talking to your equipment.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jan 23, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

does any one ever have a conversation w/your bow or arrows when things are not going right?????

I was shooting the other day when this fruit loop guy, he kept telling his arrows they needed to do their part......and to work WITH him, not against.....it was actually kinda disturbing.......:biggrin1:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

This coming from a guy who has a Mathews Estrogen in Tampax Pink and is afraid of a heating duct... are you sure you should be laughing at other people? :laugh:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Now I talk to my bows all tha time and tell em how much I adore em. To bad they can't talk back and help know what i did that they did'nt like about the shot. I told you you they were SWEET
    Hey now that's a money maker. HS :smokin:

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

great idea! a bow that strokes our ego... who needs adoring fans when you have the BowSpeak 2000!

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont think there is a company w/a large enough bank account to make a bow that could stroke all of your ego.....:pound:

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

:pound: :pound: :pound:

7. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

i actually know a guy who talkes to him golf clubs, one day he literaly bent down next to them and said, " ok guys if you dont work with me today your going back to the store". the wierd part, he didnt know i was behind him, he was being serious:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. Bustn Noks

Bustn Noks Junior Member

I shoot a Hoyt. It has advanced communication skills.

Everything done with mental telepathy. Usually goes something like this

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

No dude, your bow just is really THAT loud when you fire it... sorry to disappoint :peace:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Talking to your equipment is one thing but when it answers you then you have problems.:laugh:

11. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Now Bowman, you just spelled fruit loop in the same color as your bow. Are you telling us you have a gay bow? I guess if it shoots good it doesn't matter. Now that I think about it I do talk to my hunting arrows right before I put them on the nock. I also give them a good luck kiss. I don't think I've ever talked to bow, however. I once gave it a little discipline and gave it the drop after a bad shot at an outdoor 3d shoot. That was a long time ago. I've since learned to control my emotions.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

or better drugs than me.......

13. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Yeah i talk to my bows every now and then, and i usto talk to my racecar too when i was racing..... dont know why, never really thought about it till now.....hummm

14. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Ummm. Did you happen to notice if he started to shoot better after he talked to his arrows. Just curios. I'd never try something that crazy. And neither would I.Or me either.

15. Frank

Frank Member

Well maybe I need to try that approach, especially since Bowman found it disturding maybe I should try this to distract the competion around me.:rockon: I wonder if something in this style will work for me? To think I've been trying to be curtious to other shooters around me.:doh:

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It works sometimes...Didn't help that time...:biggrin1:

Come on Bowman you never gave the team a pep talk???
    It's not like I took my arrows out for ice cream after the big win...:doh:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we would have had to win........:biggrin1:

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

How could you tell he was talking to his arrows after all it was so dark.:biggrin1:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

even better if your a lefty and it looks like your talking to the shooter beside you the whole time! :)

20. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

If you really want to throw of the competion talk to your arrows in a different language...that way if they ask you can say their imported...:biggrin1: