Target archery sights

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Big LB, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Big LB

Big LB Junior Member

I am new to this site, this is my first post.....and I have been out of the loop in target archery for about 10-12 years now. I am looking for a New sight and scope combo, and I have done some surfing to find many different options. I was always a Chek-it fan but have been having trouble with the one I own. My wife is shooting with a Sure loc and it looks to be very nice. Any opinions on this? Larry

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Welcome to the site. You'll get a lot of opinions on this one. I own 3 Copper John ANTS Evo2 sights. They are extremely well built and their customer service is outstanding.

My 3D set up has a small sized Viper scope with a 3X lens. The fiber up pin is very bright and it isn't too expensive.

My indoor set up has a small scope with a true spot lens.

Best bet is to get your hands on them and play around with them and see what you like or dislike first hand....:welcome:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

You cant go wrong w/a sure loc.........

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...
    I use a sureloc

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Wow!

You sound like me last year.
    I started shooting 3D last year after a 10year layoff
    Boy it has changed and that Check-it tournament sight, i sold mine they went out of bussiness and ya cant get parts i had the check-it 9000
    I bought a Sure-lock like they said eariler ya cant go wrong with it.
    also :welcome: to the forum alot of good information here from young and old archers.:biggrin1:

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

You can check out Sword as well. I just bought there new targrt sight about a month ago it comes with a double rod scope and a lense and up pin of your choice.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

gotta link????

8. bullfiddle

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hmmmm.......that looks kindanice....whats the MSRP on that bad boy........

10. bullfiddle

I dunno I just called Swords and ordered mine somewhere around $315 - $320 I think but you can buy them for less than that if you shop around.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

w/the scope??

12. bullfiddle

yep comes complete ready to put on and shoot even comes with a dosco case... I got a green .010 up pin in mine it is SSSSWWWEEEETTTTT.

13. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

CBE makes sights that are super durable and a good price. after shooting there 3d xl. I wont sewitch back..:peace:

14. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Sure-Loc has been my sight of choice for 11 years now, but if I was looking for a replacement i would have to give a carbon Shibuya a good hard look. Hey Bullfiddle, on that Sword sight, how fine is the spacing on the vertical adjustment compared to a Sure-Loc? That threaded rod looks like a pretty aggressive pitch........

15. bullfiddle

it is aggressive but the sight does not click if that makes any sense. It's kinda like ya just put it where you want it and that's it. so there really is no spacing I guess. you can move the site a half a millimeter if ya wanted to. I would guess you would call it a true micro adjust...Hope that helps wish I could explain it better.

16. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:noidea: :noidea: but :welcome: anyway!!

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is there a lock down nut???

18. bullfiddle

There is on the windage rod for the scope but not on the Vertical. But I will tell ya this the thing is put together tight enough I don't think ya need it. I have shot mine some but not alot and it hasn't moved.

19. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Thanx for the info, I'll have to check one out in person, looks like an interesting set up!