Target Practice with real Muzzy's?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm getting ready for the season (can ya tell!)

Can I shoot my real muzzy's for target practice if I sharpen them before I use em out in the woods or is this a no-no? I've always used the practice blades or tips I wasn't taking out in the woods but does it really matter?

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I got a couple of real ones that i use just to make sure all is well....but i take a pc of sand paper and take the sharp edge off them.seems like the practice blades bend easy.

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Personally I don't use Muzzy, but that doesn't matter. When I get replaceable blade heads I use the ones that come with them for practice. In other words they are not only replaceable, but expendable--not expandable.

I am too lazy to resharpen them and probably couldn't get them as sharp anyway. Just buy a couple packs of new blades. Change them out the night before season opens and you're set to go.

Your NOW practice blades are good for many seasons.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have practiced with and then sharpened by hunting heads before. But now I just buy replacement blades.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have to say this is exactly what i do.......

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

yeah, I practice w/ last years blades and then change them out for season...

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Works great. They make a special stone set uer it. I sharpen blades all tha time.:D

8. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I always practice with the same heads I am hunting with and then cahnge the blades.