Team 14

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Oct 23, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Where my teammates at???? I need some help, I am maxed out on points until I replace a doe with a buck!

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

nice. Thats a huge doe. your bows ugly:laugh: jk. i want it.

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Those are the first two does its taken, might be gettin a new on this season, but I really like my trykon! I might stick with it until a company comes out with something really slick! I picked up a weekend deal at the local proshop so I get bows cheap now!!!:D

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

how much would you sell it for? and did you shoot one of them this morning?

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

No I shot one the 12th and the bottom one the 20th. The first one was about 6:20 pm @ 35 yards(atwood), and the second was 6:12 pm @ 26 yards(danville). If I sold the trykon it would be probally somewhere around $575 depending on accessories I left on it, and its left handed!

6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

nothermind :pout: im a righty. nice. they are both huge. have you been hunting in the mornings at all. i just went out this morning and didnt SEE NOTHING but crows and geese

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I have been out mainly in the evenings, with work I can't hunt mornings!:doh: I was the king of morning hunts last year, evenings seem to be more productive for me, although I did shoot my buck last year in the morning.:noidea: I will be out this evening again, I was out in the rain last night. Saw 15 deer, two big does and the rest yearlings and fawns. I was considering letting the air out of one of the big does, but I let them walk. The weather last night was brutal, but the deer liked it, I wasn't draggin a doe in a rainstorm! If it would have been a nice buck sure, but a doe....I will hold off unless one gives me something I just have to take! They were all at 15 yards:decision:

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

last night...there was absolutely noooooooo wind. it was nice. this morning sucked. i dont know why the deer didnt move. evenings are more productive around here for sum reason. and i dont think the walnuts and acorns are helping either count that i hunt fields.:doh:

9. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Good job on your deer. Good ILL corn feed does. Good eaters.

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Thanks CSS, sorry for bustin your chops about the shots you took but that's just too risky! :noidea: Just the thought of the deer moving its head and wounding it isn't worth taking the shot. Just my opinion, not trying to preach ethics, I knew that thread would blow up as soon as you posted! Congrats on yours as well!

11. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

I'm working on it, hunting time is limited, but I will be going out more in Nov., and in late Dec. By the way, nice deer!:clap2:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007