techno hunt

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jetshowell, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

anybody ever tried the techno hunt you shoot at a video screen at movies of animals tell you right were you hit and the speed its only at 20 yards but it would be good practice i seen one at schupbach's in jackson michigan but that seems a little far know of any others

2. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

A couple of guys started an indoor range and tech hunt here in Waterloo, Ia. It's allot of fun and even more fun when you shoot it with a couple of your buddys.

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Yep....there's one at our local pro shop in town...15 minute drive.

4. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

we have one at our local shop also, shot it a few times, its fun, they also have a techno leauge their.

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

lancaster archery has one too. its a blast. me and my dad vs each other to see who can score higher. :hug:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah they are pretty cool devices :)

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

We have one at the shop I work at, the computer has been kinda buggy lately but the company that supports it is coming in to fix it. The techno league starts up right after season ends. Lot more fun than shooting spots!

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

better make sure they do... their customer service is horrible. My local shop had to have his completely reinstalled because of how bad they screwed it up... he had more downtime then working time for the past year.

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Ours has been down for about 6 months!:doh:

10. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I love shooting that

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup sounds about right. The one at my local store was down about every other week. they eventually found out it was installed wrong, the Technohunt installer used shims without a need and made it uneven, didn't set it up right at all and basically screwed up horribly... he no longer works for them because of how bad of a job he did.

The issues the shop would see were a LOT of:

- did not recgonize arrows when they were shot and reported the hits in different areas then where they really impacted

- didn't calculate speed correctly resulting in incorrect placement

- would randomly "crash out" of the program

- would count one arrow as "everyones" hit, so if 2 people missed and the 3rd got a 10 the screen would show all 3 arrows as a 10.

Basically it was just crap. Like I said, they finally tore it out and then found the issues, the installation was horrible.

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Sounds like some of the same problems we had, arrow speed was about 20 fps off, the arrows seemed to score differently sometimes, never had it blank out scores. It did miss alot of hits though, have to shoot the same screen twice to get it to register sometimes.....????:noidea:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

find someone with a 4 foot level or a laser level and make sure your boards are perfectly level on the ground and up the wall. It makes a big difference. Also make sure no one is stepping on the board or standing over them when shooting, that makes a difference also. They also have to be a specific distance apart, but I can't remember how far... maybe 10 inches? technohunt should be able to tell you. if everything isn't perfectly exact then you will have issues.

The "suggestions" techno hunt made were basically:

Never go get your arrows before the "pick up your arrow" screen comes on

stand back a little bit from the boards to ensure nothing is over them (stabalizer, bow... etc)

Calibrate the system often

Don't leave it on at all times and reboot the computer often

Make absolutely sure NO ONE EVER touches, kicks, bumps, or moves the boards once they are set. My local shop has actually built plate steel ramps up and over with openings for the boards. if those boards are so much as touched and go 1/10th of an inch out of alignment the system will start giving weird issues.

the local shop's arrow speed was off by like 60 FPS.

14. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You might be onto something, I think you earned a point!

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Thats because I'm the SITE GURU or didn't you get that Memo?

I'll make sure you get a copy of it

16. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You got a lot of posting to do before you catch the bunny.:bored: