Tested an 82nd Airborne yesterday

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, we got to play a bit with an 82nd Airborne yesterday. Out of the box, draw weight 69.5lbs, set draw length at 29.5". Measured and confirmed 29.5". Took at axis 402gr arrow, but on a whisker biscuit (thats for you bman) Shot it though the chrony at 316fps.
    Now if I remember right, that's 89 ft pounds of K.E:peace:

Pretty impressive numbers.

2. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

That ain't bad. How was the draw cycle?

3. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

Thanks for the report Chris

4. CW Redux

CW Redux Banned

Need more Chris! ...to me that bow screams pure speed with the short BH and Speed Mods.

How was the draw cycle, val, wall, shock? Did you get to put any groups downrange?

Im leaning towards the 101st...but id like to hear more about both!:wave:

5. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I really like shooting the 82, but the draw cycle is VERY stiff. Smooth, but stiff.

6. CW Redux

CW Redux Banned

Smooth but stiff... throw the Speed Mod in and it just doesnt seem like those two words belong together. Wait..did you shoot the slow version 'smooth mod' 82nd? ...nah, I doubt BT has even made the advertised smooth mod yet. The 82nd is wrapped around speed! :D

Surprised the 101st with the 7.25" BH, good ATA, and excellent speed isnt getting more hype.:noidea:

7. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Smooth but stiff meaning the full draw weight loads up real early. If you are shying away from the A82 because of the brace height, don't. It is a much more shootable bow than you would believe, with the 6.25 brace.

8. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I actually shot the 82nd yesterday also and it had a VERY aggressive draw cycle in my opinion BUUUUUUUUUUUUT it did scream an arrow out faster than I have ever seen one fly. I own a bowtech Tribute and I do respect the fact that ANY bow you fire different than the bow you shoot continuously will feel much different in draw cycle, weight, shock etc. So maybe with more practice it would even itself out. I am about to put another post a bit more about this topic.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

your still stuck on that aint you???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: