The FIDDLE is 3 for 4

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bullfiddle, Nov 17, 2007.

1. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

And it's a dandy.......:peace: More to come later tonight as I have not been asleep since 7 a.m. yesterday morning......The whole story later....:biggrin1:

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I thought we were suppose to sleep while we were hunting?:laugh:

Hey, congratz on another deer.:peace:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

come on FIDDLE FADDLE.....lets see some freakin picks.......:lol: :lol:

4. bullfiddle

Ok so here is my story. After a night of surfing the internet because I couldn't sleep on the opening of gun season my new day officially started at 4a.m. this morning. I got myself ready and headed out to meet my hunting buddy at his Grandpas house. The little fellar that I hunt with during gun season does not like to climb much so when I hunt with him we hunt on the ground. So after about a 15 to 20 minute walk back to the woods from the house we settled in by an old box blind that has been on the property for years. I was setting on the side of the blind that was facing a cut bean field and he was to my right on the other side of the blind watching more into the woods. I had been seeing deer move more thru the center of the woods at this time this year so I was hoping when it got light enough he would get the first oppritunity to take a shot. Just as it was starting to get light enough to see we could here deer moving in the woods. So I thought what the heck and I pulled a set of rattling antlers out of my backpack and just tickled them a little and hit the grunt call. Man when I did that it was like the woods erupted. There was a big ole buck in there must have been bedded with some does. He started running back an forth around us behind me and I never did see him but my little hunting buddy saw him and said he was really close. I got so tickled at this young man because he was so excited about seeing this deer at about 30 yrds instead of pulling up and shooting him he tried to whisper to me that he had spotted him. Unfortuanatly in the excitement his whisper was more like a controlled yelling and the buck vamoosed. So after that buck had left I saw another buck coming across the field in front of me about 200 yards out and he was coming hard. He stayed out in the field but was moving quickly to our North. Then I saw another buck step out of the woodline to Our North and start heading toward the other buck. I told Alex now you pay attention we are about to see world war III. Sure enough these 2 bruisers locked up in the middle of the field and had a pretty good sparring session about 150 yards in front of us. The fight didn't last long but it sure was cool to experience. Alex whispered to me that this was the best deer hunting trip of his life and I couldn't have agreed more with the lad. But wait their's more after about an hour I turned and looked at Alex and his head was down and he was asleep. I turned back to look at the field and their stood the Buck I shot this mornig at about 30 yards in front of us broadside. I pulled up on him with ole Betsy and as true as ever put a perfect double lung shot on this ole boy. In the meantime Alex was awakened by the sound of the shotgun blast and was frantically trying to find out what I had shot. We watched the buck trot out about 50 yrds into the field and stop. He stood there for about 10 seconds and started to stagger and it was all over but the shouting. I told Alex to just set tight and we would give him some time. But that boy was aikin to get to that buck so he could see how big he really was. We gave the buck about 15-20 minutes to expire and we slipped out of the woods and walked over to where he layed. I knew he was a dandy but did not have time to count how many points were on his head before I made the shot. Upon further examination we determined the Buck was a 11 pointer. I am not sure what the official Boone and Crockett rules are to count a point are but one of his points were just under a inch but if you count that point he is a 12. So we went and got the truck got him checked in and made a trip to the taxidermist who capped him out. He just called a little bit ago and said he measured him at 138.2" anybody want to see some pics?.......:peace: :laugh: :laugh:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

PICS PICS PICS:amen: :amen: :amen:

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Where's the pics? :noidea:

7. bullfiddle

Here he is the Fiddle and the beast. I realize he is not a monster but he is my biggest to date and I sure am happy with him.......:amen:

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Nice deer, buddy. Congrats. :thumb:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nice deer bull.....you da man.......

and once again, a new memeber.......another BIG guy.......we are a hefty bunch aint we???:lol: :lol:

10. bullfiddle

What can I say dude I like to eat...:noidea: By the way the deer dressed at 175lbs.

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Big is beautiful. :peace:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was implieing that with few exceptions, most of us are in the same boat......:lol:

13. bullfiddle

I bet when ole Smokes sees this he's gonna be droolin to make it up this way next year. We saw a total of 5 shooter bucks this morning and I saw 2 more on my way to my hunting land. I saw a picture of a 26 point that was killed by a 9yr old boy this morning and he field dressed at 275lbs.

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Nice deer Bullfiddle :rockon:

15. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

COngratulations Bull!!! Thats a nice buck ya got there and a great story to boot.

16. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

Congrats thats a good lookin fella you got there..

17. RunMich

RunMich Junior Member

18. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yup I I can hardle type fer tha drool all over tha keyboard
    amn will tha 2008 season ever git here.
    now thats a DANDY good going BF:biggrin1:

19. Redhdcharm

Redhdcharm Senior Member

Most excellent Fiddle!! CONGRATULATIONS! Nice job!

AND a wonderful story!!!! Not only did you have a most wonderful time.... it sounds like you gave that young man the experience of his lifetime!
    E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T!!!!!

~~

20. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

:peace:

Nice buck my friend..... I want to assure everyone on here that that buck must have crossed over from Illinois this morning. We don't have big bucks here in Indiana.......:D