The Green Leaf Bow

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by PaulPool, May 15, 2008.

1. PaulPool

PaulPool Junior Member

Howdy-doo! Jumped back here after my last visit. Don't expect anyone to remember me from a few months ago, only made a couple posts. But I do remember this is a great archery forum, so when I need some info I thought to come here.

The Green Leaf Bow. Found it on medievalcollectibles. Here's the link:
    http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/the-green-leaf-bow-9078.html

I like the look. And for me the price is pretty good too. However, I've been searching and searching the web and just could not find anything more on the bow. I e-mailed the site, they don't have anything more than what's on that page.

In the description it says it's a great target and costume bow, but still fully functional. I can't tell much from the one picture they have there. I asked them if they do refunds, they said they don't refund custom bows...

So I'm asking if anyone out there seen this bow before, or knows anything more about it? Or can you tell if it's a bow that'll hold up to use or worth the money? I really do like it's look.

2. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Looks to be more of a decorative or costume bow to me. Don't know how much it will hold up to repeated shooting. There is a lot that goes into making a self bow or a long bow. I cant think of too many people who will do it for $145 per bow. It may draw and shoot, but if you shoot 30 arrows in a day and it breaks, then what? If you are looking for a stick and string, I would advise looking here in the classifieds, on AT's classifieds, Trad gang, or even ebay. Look for a bow with a name and a reputation. You can find a good starter bow for relatively little money to see if you like traditional.

Good luck!:rockon:

3. PaulPool

PaulPool Junior Member

Well I e-mailed them some more to try and pump more info out of them, they told me that they get that bow from a manufacturer in Pennslyvania, for them only. Guess they got a good deal?

Thanks, I'll give the classfieds here a shot.