The string silencers on my Bowtechs strings are breaking

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, May 1, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

The little arms are finally bustin off of them. What should I replace them with?

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

If you like those you can get the same ones to replace them with. Or see how it sounds without them, I know a guy that took them off and put a STS on and loves it. Sounds the same as it did before.

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

string's

Man ny, is your bow fallin apart or are you shootin the strings off it ?
    Your d loop is frayin & your wiskers are commin apart!
    2 choices replacem or buy a new rig.
    I know a guy,when he needs brakes on his truck he just trades it in on a new one.
    If you shoot that much u might want to invest in a backup rig if u dont allready have one!:biggrin1:

4. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I KNOW I have been shooting alot. I definitly dont need a new bow (knock on wood) even the last D-loop frayed alot Im gonna get some q tips tomorrow and check for a burr on my release even on my draw check tool. As far as the string silencers "arms" coming off I think it has to do with the STS system stopping that string on a dime because I didnt have that particular issue till I put the STS on.

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

sts

Im glade to here that. You dont hear much about the pros & cons of the sts system.
    When new products come on the market alot of people just want the new gadget & some times theres drawbacks that people dont see until later!!
    Any way if you cant get the release thing stright,that shouldnt be a costly fix unless you use an expensive one.
    You might want to change to a metal d-loop thats what i use on all my bows after a rope d-loop exploded on me in front of a nice buck,would never change back!

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

get some BowJax.....they rock....

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You better just go buy a Mathews.:biggrin1: :peace: J/K I have never used anthing on my strings except for CATWHISKERS.:rockon: So are the Bowjax any good??? How much are they???:noidea:

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

bowjax

They work
    Like stickin little rubber dog bones between your strings.:laugh:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now you want me to go out to the truck????

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

pretty much!!!:biggrin1:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Why would I want you to go out to the truck??:noidea:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you asked how much they were and I have the dealer price sheet in the truck.....:noidea:

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Could it possibly be that is where he keeps all his receipts so Marie won't know how much he has invested in ARCHERY?:laugh:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you stop that right now and please delete that post........

she may see it........:mad: :mad: :biggrin1:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

No need to run to the truck. As for the receipts I am sure she already knows.:tape:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am sure she dont....for I would not be here typing if she new.....:tape:

17. BowhuntnHoosier

That reminds me of a joke I was e-mailed.

The Broken Mower

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the truck, the car, playing golf - always something more important to me.

Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush.

I said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

Moral to this story : Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is the husband.:doh: :doh:

18. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

JOKE?? Sounds like a true story to me :laugh:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

Hmmm...................could be.:laugh:

20. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I have learned i can be right or I can be happy. I have often quoted this and my Rosebud reminded me of that this am. Smokes