These are Fun to Make

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by STRO, Apr 13, 2008.

1. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I saw a post on AT on how to make your own lighted nocks. These are fun to make and a heck of a lot cheaper.

All you need is the light which you can get at Wally-World for $3, some orange nocks (from Obsession Archery) or any color of your choice, an old nock, glue, sand paper and a small saw. These are just as bright as the new tracer nocks and even weigh less then them.

2. STRO

Here is one on the arrow, this nock is flo green, and still very bright.

Can't wait to turkey hunt with them next weekend.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

WOW thats cool. Thanks alot W&B.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

we're gonna need step by step instructions.....:biggrin1:

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I tried doing that exact thing with an Easton Axis arrow with the X nock...
    No such luck since the nock is too small so when you try and drill it out you basically get nothing much left of material to hold the nock in the arrow.

That is a good idea though.

I just don't have a good understanding abou twhat that will do to your arrow flight since it will wack your FOC out of kilter unless you use a heavier point/broadhead. And then you might be under spined because of the additional weight on each end of the arrow.

Fun to experiment with though.

Ron

6. STRO

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

easy to make, but hard to get it just right. I have had several that worked like a champ when you fire them and then pull back out (thus turning off) on the way through the animal. But all in all it is worth trying...

9. STRO

I messed up a couple but they can be a little tricky to get just right.

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

exactly....make sure you don't use too much glue on the tip of the bobber light and don't sand the nock too much (i.e. so it slides in and out of the shaft too easy). Once you get it right, it is waaaaaaaay cheaper than the lumenok and just as bright!

11. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I'll pay $3 each if someone wants to make some for my goldtips. The Lumenocks are nice, but at $10 a crack.....ouch!