thumb and loop

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Kodiak, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak New Member

I would like to try a new mechanical release. One you use your thumb to release with but I use a loop on my string. Someone told me you can't use it with a loop. Why not? What will happen and why?:noidea:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

FIRST :welcome: :welcome:

WHAT???

the person doesnt know what they are talking about......

what release is it???

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...

And I hate to do it...but...I agree with Bman...:biggrin1:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you do care........

anyway, what release is it??

5. Kodiak

Kodiak New Member

thumb-trigger release, I guess its called a finger-held release. Trigger on bottom, I think you hold the trigger in as you pull back and relate as you let up on the trigger.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yes, but do you have a specific model in mind?

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sounds like a Evo +.......

a string loop is the only way some of the hand helds will work.......

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Lets just say you were told wrong and welcome.

9. Kodiak

Kodiak New Member

right now I am using a wrist-strap with caliper jaws triggered with my index finger. And works just fine. Just would like to try something different. The one I was talking about trying is a hand-held that is T-shaped with a rotating head attached at 90 degrees to a finger bar. You hold the release with the index finger on one side of the head and the third and fourth fingers on the other side. No wrist strap so you need to tie it to your wrist so you dont loose it.

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

I shoot with a Cascade Model 10 thumb relax release. It has a loop on it and so does my bow, I have been told the same thing a few times but no body has ever given a reason why when they say that it is wrong. It works for me and will probably work for you as well. If it feels right then leave it alone.

11. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

A hand held release works just fine with a d-loop. I'm currently shooting a Carter Mini Evolution+.

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

What the person might have been trying to tell you is that with some releases you cannot shoot it off the STRING. You NEED a loop or a release rope on the release itself with many releases.

Ron

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Ok...a good release is the TRU pro diamond. but Carter, Scott, and many others make a good release too. Check the classifieds and Ebay they are all over the place...
    http://www.obsessionarchery.com/tru-ball-pro-diamond-p-251.html

There aren't alot of places you can try these so it can get expensive playing "buy and try". If you can find them used or trade for them it will save you some cash...

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, I have a TRU Ball Pro Diamond and it's a very nice release that is flexible in the way you use it (With the caliper head.). Loop, no loop, works great.

Ron