Tips for marinating and dry rubs.

Discussion in 'Wild Game Recipes' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Invest in a vacuum sealer. The negative pressure in a vacuum sealer opens the pores to meat and veggies and will basically ingest the marinade into itself. I will rub my meat down with a good dry rub then vacuum seal it and leave it over night and all the rub doesnt come off when you put it on a hot grill. With liquid marinades obviously the longer you leave it the better. Just know your expiration dates, a vacuum seal will prolong food life but not by THAT much. Its also great for buying bulk and freezing. Keep that venison tasting like you just shot it when it has been in the freezer for 6 months, also NO FREEZER BURN :peace:

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I like the fact that a marinade is so simple. Marinade, ziploc bag, meat. that is all you have to do and just wait. Nothing easier.

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The absence of freezer burn is one good reason right there to vacuum seal stuff...

Ron

4. MTColl28734

MTColl28734 New Member

Not having a vacuum sealer, I just wrap my stuff up in butcher paper. For some reason, it works better than plastic wrap or foil at keeping freezer burn away from my goodies.