tried a thumb release....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Feb 2, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and liked it....so now I owe dredly some dough......

decided at the last minute to shoot my Gander Mountain league score w/it tonight.....

my GM scores are always lower than My regular scores...the lighting is terrible there.....for what ever reason

so I average about a 297 30x there.....

tonight....298 44x...i am stoked....the two fours....I know I punched...the very first round I scored after 15 warm up shots....was 5x's.....couldnt beleive it.....I am holding steadier if that makes any sense.....

I had to move my peep and still need to play with the trigger more, but I think I am going to like it....

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What release??

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the truball talon that I bought from dredly.....:biggrin1:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I was thinking of trying one out...I just have to get out and shoot some...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

let me know you can try this one....

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Do what I did... I just went out and bought one to figure out if i like it or not. Should be getting it in a few days...I figured the worst thing that could happen is I put it in the drawer with the other three releases I don't like.

7. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

yea i shoot a strap release now and plan on makin the switch this spring, maily cuz after i shoot i hate the head of the release slappin around (makes alot of noise in the stand also)

8. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Zenith....

I'm shooting a Zenith Comfort 4 back tension. I haven't really tried much else yet.... hopefuly soon.

9. Radar

Radar Story of my life

So basically what you are saying is that there was a little bit of Dredly mojo left in the release and your scores went up..............:biggrin1:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there was until I reversed the trigger, so I could shoot it righty....at that point all his lefty mojo was lefty behind......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Glad to hear you scored are going up.:rockon: I've shot a thumb release a couple of times but like the BT a little better. Glad to hear Dredly is taking care of you Bowman. You guys are playing so well together lately. I am so very proud of you.:laugh:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...Been there a few times...don't know if I want to go that way...can get expensive...:laugh: :Cry:

13. I tried the Chappy Boss a bit and just could not get used to the thumb trigger. I prefer my hinge style BT release.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

shot another round tonight....I was behind a week....needed to make up....'

the more i shoot this thing the more i like it.....I have figured out how to just set me thumb there and pull thru till it goes off.....and my X's are drilled inside out.....

299 41x.....It was 3 x's less :noidea: oh well.....

the one 4 came in the 8th end.....last shot....I felt my self getting lazy and falling out the bottem and couldnt let down it was already going off....so I am not that upset.....

I wish I had done this long ago......it feels really good.....

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Gald you like it... I always kept it around just as a spare in case i lost my primary...

shame I never had more pocket space, I just to just clip it to my boxers while I was out in the woods... figured it was a good safe place to put it :noidea:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh god.....I am going to cut my hand off now......:mad:

will make my shooting and typing a little interesting

17. He had to have something in his shorts, if it wasn't for the release being there he would be wearing panties full time:tape: :laugh:

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Is that a release in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :hug:

19. I'm always happy to see you, just not that happy:laugh:, so don't you go and get too happy.

20. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I like my Tru Ball Extreme. Verdict is still out on the Evolution. There is no way on earth the TB is getting sold until the Evolution starts working better.

You didn't kiss the release after shooting those scores did you?:puke: