TruGlo Tru-Lit Extreme Sight LIGHT

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by pragmatic_lee, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Looking opinions from others that have this sight light.

Maybe I got a "lemon", but after 2 shoots it has died. Not the batteries - something appears to be broke.

I can simply open the battery compartment, close it and the light might come on. But a very light thumb to the sight and it goes off and will not come back on until I repeat the process. The same is true "without" the thump - slowly turn the rheostat until it comes on, turn it a bit more to make it go off and it will not come back on until I open the battery compartment again and repeat the whole process.

2. Punch_Free4L

Punch_Free4L Impressive Member

I have one too and the light worked maybe 2 times,then...nothing.

3. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

send it back!

I have one and it works great,you musta got a lemon....................:p

4. Well, I think I may have found the problem (at least with mine). Since it would cost more to drive back to the shop where I bought it than the light cost, I figured I had nothing to loose by doing a little experimenting.

I removed the batteries and probed the back of the LED with a small screwdriver to reposition the wire. Put it back together and it worked fine after that. Bad news is, I forgot and left it on, so now my batteries are dead. :Cry:

I still think I'm going to replace it with a light that has just a simple on/off switch. This is for spots, so it's not like I'm going to light up the hunting blind if it is fully on.