Trying to decide on my first "new" bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mudbug_4, Jul 7, 2006.

1. mudbug_4

mudbug_4 Junior Member

I am trying to decide on a new bow...I have owned several, but I was never fitted for a bow (I recently found out that I was shooting 30" instead of 29"...still killed deer, but not consistent on small target circles).

I am pretty much sold on Mathews, but I was wondering which model is the best match for me. I have shot in one competition and I really enjoyed it. However, my main interest is for hunting, so I don't know how durable some of these bows are.

Also, to change draw lengths, is a new cam needed or can it be adjusted from the original cam?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

A new cam is required to change lengths on a Mathews. Now considering your criteria, check out the Switchback XT. You will not be sorry. If your not ready to purchase one, don't shoot it!:peace:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey there mudbug :welcome: to the forum. Its great having you here and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.:rockon:

I agree with Chris on the XT it is an amazing bow. I love mine very much and cannot wait to draw some blood come deer season. But if you are not too concerned with speed then I would suggest you shoot the Switchback LD also it is an amazingly sweet shooting bow. But is a little slower than the SB or SB XT. Lots of great shooting bows on the market so be sure to shoot all you can and then decide, if you are like me the bow you decide on will just feel better than any of the others. Good Luck:peace:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Save a few pennies and get the Original Switchback, take a look in the classifieds on here and AT, you can get some great deals and most of the time the equipment is as good as or in new condition. I have shot both the Switchback and the XT and still prefer my Switchback. But if you ask 10 people which is better, you would get a fifty-fifty split.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Just remember that if you buy a used bow the manufacturers lifetime warranty DOES NOT transfer. But that being said you can get some pretty nice deals in the classifieds. :peace: