Tuning all over again sucks!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Okay... my Broadheads are hitting 3" left but grouping from 15 - 25 yards tight enough to cut veins

My field points are grouping tight enough to bust nocks 2 inches right and 1/2 an inch high.

How do I fix this? If its not "fixed" by tomorrow I'm sighting in the broad heads, to hell with field tips!

ps: whisker biscuit rest.

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

try other broadheads.

3. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

The following assumes you are a righty.....

Don't worry about the 1/2" high just yet. Your broadheads are indicating that your arrows are slightly limber. Try pushing your rest in about 1/16" and see what happens. If the distance between broadheads and field points decreases, you're going the right way. If it increases, move the rest out in 1/16" increments.

If this works, then you may find that the up and down difference takes care of itself. If it doesn't, then do the same exercise with your nockpoint/loop.

And in all truth....a 2 1/2" difference between broadheads and field points at 20 yards just ain't too bad!:D

And if you are a lefty (which I think you are), then you are already on the road to perfection. But the same instructions apply!

4. QSA

How about FOB's
    R/K have you tried these yet?

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

get out of my thread you hijacker!

6. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

I can't get them to clear my freakcurve rest!:lol: :frusty: :frusty:

I don't think they'll work for Dreadly with his Whisker Biscuit either!

Seriously, I have experimented with them breifly with my compound and a drop away rest. Lots of potential there!

Do you hunt with them?

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

so far when I more the rest it moves both points of impact pretty equally... grrr back to the cube :frusty:

8. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

I was afraid of that. It's probably time to sight in for the broadheads. A 2.5" impact differential just isn't bad!:D

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Yes but when I was shooting X's with my field and broadheads with my OG and now I'm barely keeping them both in the circle I get pissy.

Ehh well... wonder how they fly at 70 meters :laugh:

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Shoot mechanicals!!! Rage or tekans II's :boxing:

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I used to shoot mechs...

but those darn tree rats kept BREAKING THE BLADES! Apparently they have strong... spines? :wave:

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I like tekans, the blades are super easy to replace and they are solid, 1.3125 cutting diameter, 1 piece body 5/8" cut on contact tip. Very nice, my brother shoots the Rage 3 blades, no complaints here! Good luck.

13. QSA

Look out he may jump you.
    That was my point Dredly. Try some thing new. Blades act like wings and try to plan the head. Try some turbo nocks (not the ones with the vane)
    I have shot some broadheads that hit the same and some do not. Lose the WB because it limits your tuning.
    As for the high jacking if you want help ask but attack me for trying. lol
    That's Bunnymans job here lol

14. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

A few wks ago when i put the muzzy's on i was hitting left of fp's 1.5" at 20yds .You ever tried to move your rest " that little ":frusty: .Vertical was on the money.

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah but I didn't see him here so someone had to step in! :laugh:

Season starts in a week! :doh:

16. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I feel your pain Dredly....I am going to try 125 gr BH's tomorrow and see what that does. Mine group, but are 4" left. Can shoot them all in the bull if I just aim 4" right!

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

do what I'm going to do tomorrow... move my sight! :doh:

18. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I am almost there man...I know how frustrating it is!!

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Does anyone have OnTarget registered? I formatted my comp and lost mine and don't feel like waiting for them to respond and give me my code back...

Can someone spec out if my arrow is spined correctly?

04 Mathews LEgacy
    Single Cam
    Draw wght: 62
    DL: 30

Arrow:

Goldtip 5575 (camo) w/ 100 grain points and 3 4" veins (still cant' get them off)

how close to in spine spec am I?

20. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

BH test!

ya know i had the same problem,i tried Muzzy 3 blade100gns,also tried magnus snuffers,then i used the 2 blade stingers, out of the 3 used the stinngers flew just as my field points,i was hoping they would so you might want to try some different ones........:noidea: