University Shooting just south of us.

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Chris, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, looks like we have another university shooting. Northern Illinois University. According to the radio, approximately 18 people were shot.:mad:

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

yep I saw i on CNN this afternoon. I don't know what is going on with all these school shootings? :noidea: :noidea:

3. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

Man that is so sad. They busted 4 highschool kids up my way that were planning a school shooting before it happened. :noidea:

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

These are such tragedys. In my day you just met after school and pounded the heck out of the other person or people. Then the next day you were sitting together at lunch.:peace:

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

the good ole days :D

6. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I am elementary pe teacher in the same town that this happened. This is scary. I was leaving for home right after it happened. My brother in law was in class in the building right next to the building where it happened. We could not get a hold of him for a half hour after it happened and it was a scary and tense half hour. Our prayers for everyone involved in this. It is hard to believe it actually happened here. You always think it happens somewhere else and won't happen to you.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

We need ta change the pc crowd ie professiosers and let these responsible folks carry a gun
    this would put a great stop tho this menatlity

8. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Im all for teachers/staff carrying guns to protect our students.

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah but that bunc of liberal has changed what we use to know as freedom
    let them 21 yr olds carry
    you can carry a mac 10 and bust towelheads at 18 yrs old
    now there is something wrong with this here.

10. 3d Shooter

3d Shooter New Member

This is sad news. I seen it on yahoo, but didn't read it yet.

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Yes make teachers take fire arms training and arm them in public schools as part of the job. They make pistols with finger print reconnection. Also let those collage kids carry guns if they want to. This would stop dead.
    I screwed up and let me carry permit expire. Now I will have to do it all over again. Going in front of the judge and all.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Are you gonna get cleaned up first???:tape: :tape:

13. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

nope I have the same rights to carry as a guy wearing a suit and tie. I need to start a thread to find reasons to tell them why I want a carry permit. That would be fun.

14. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

Half of the schools arn't even allowing ROTC or recruting any more never mind carring a weapon. :frusty:

15. shack13

shack13 New Member

:i'm almost 21 and to think this is going on now makes you wonder whats wrong with my genration. thank god i don't go to school any more.:amen:

16. Radar

Radar Story of my life

this is a really sad day........I know it was bad with all the other shootings that happened at other schools in other states. But this one happened about a half hour away from me and still cant believe it............Just never thought it would happen around here. my heart goes out to all the families

17. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

LMAO...yea my grandpa always told me that the teacher would move the desk out of the way so you could handle your business....then back on to class!!! Today.................yea you go to jail!!!!:frusty: