Want to help the soldiers? Are you looking for a new bow?

Discussion in 'Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases' started by Jay284, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Jay284

Jay284 Shoot straight!

I know that this section of the forum is for manufacturers, but I didnt want to post this thread in any other section of the forum for fear of being called a spammer.

I am not selling a thing! I am just a combat veteran, and I know how hard it is both emotionally, and financially for the families of the soldiers that are killed in Iraq.

Bowtech has a new Bow called the 82nd Airborne. This bow is advertised to have an arrow speed of 350 fps!

I was a part of the 101st Airborne, and we consider the 82nd Airborne our brother division.

With our favorite time of the year quickly approaching, if you are in the market for a new bow, you should consider checking out Bowtech's 82nd Airborne bow.

They are donating a portion of the proceeds of every single one of these bows that they sell to TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors).

I have seen first hand what TAPS does for the families that lose a loved one in Iraq, and I must say, it is AMAZING!

I found out about this on bow hunting magazine's website. Here is the original link:

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/gear/bows/BH_bowtech82air_200804/

The picture that they have at that link is kind of small, so I have included a bigger picture. It looks like a fine looking bow to me!

[​IMG]

Im sorry if posts like this arent allowed, so moderators, I wont be upset if you delete it... I just wanted to give everyone a chance to give back to the soldiers at the same time, get a nice bow to add to their arsenal.

Jay

2. armyof1

armyof1 JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff

very nice bro i was in the 18 air born so i know exactly what your saying and i couldnt agree with you more . its a very nice thing your doing here and you have my sapport .

3. WCH

WCH New Member

Did you know Bowtech made an 101st airbourne as well? It seemed to be a nice bow little slower with a little longer brace height.

4. armyof1

no i didnt know that , so you are saying that there are 2 manufacters out there with the same name on a bow

5. WCH

WCH New Member

No Bowtech made both of these bows in 2008 I believe, The 82 was a faster bow with a shorter brace height, and the 101 was like 10 fps slower with a 7 inch brace height.

6. armyof1

ok i was just reading it wrong , im sory

7. WCH

WCH New Member

No problem, I always wanted to try and shoot the 101st out of the two but never got the chance :doh: