Well Mr Posten........

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I gotta say after shooting a round w/your stabs.....I am very happy......:peace:

HERE THEY ARE:peace:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I guess I will need to take some more pics after the sun goes down a bit.....well another day.......:doh:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

a couple more.....

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  4. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

nice looking set up.... since ,as i stated i have never shot 3d .... why is the longer stabs needed..... just curious as i have only practiced shooting targets in the back yard for the most part and up to 40 yards a feel i am a pretty good shot..... i can put 5 of 5 in the center x 95% of the time .... at 20 and 30 yards ....99% of the time ..... just since i am looking to get into the 3d shoots i figured i would ask..... should i get a 2nd bow for 3 d's or should i just alter what i have back and forth....

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

There are different classes you can shoot in.

Hunter
    Open/Unlimited
    Youth
    Youth traditional
    Traditional, Etc...

Each class has a bit different rules, stakes/yardages, etc...

So, in BOWMAN's case, he has the biggest penalty in that he has to be shooting from the furthest stake. (most likely anyway).

If you're shooting in hunter class you just use a hunting bow with a normal stab, or no stab and shoot from shorter yardages.

It's still a ton of fun however you want to do it.

Ron

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they look cool........:lol:

a stabilizer does just that.....it stabilizes the bow, I like the weight that it adds....a heavy bow is a more accurate for me......My prestige needed more weight......the postens have it almost perfect......i will be tweaking it.....

7. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

thanks... i will have to get more info as i learn....

8. Gary J

Gary J Member

I started last March shooting 3-spot with one of those rubber stabilizers. It didn't seem to have much effect on my shooting, good or bad. I got a Posten stabilizer in April and immediately noticed a difference.

I'm using the same setup for 3D and it's working very well. If you're looking for a good stabilizer try a 10" Posten. You can add 2" of weights to the end and still be under the length limit for hunter class. He also makes an excellent hunting stabilizer.

9. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

It is just to bad you are going to bend that nice front new bar. Boy you need to man up and get a Quick Stand so that rig can stand tall and proud. Not nosed over with it's end in the dirt. Hell even Jim uses a Quick Stand for his bow.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

does this mean you are going to send me one with that shooters contract you are sending me???:peace:

11. QSA

No we do not have a girly shooting staff team yet

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Nice set-up Bowman! :peace:

13. QSA

It will be a while before any teams start popping up. But I think you would have cried if you went to the church shot we went to staurday. They went by there rules not asa or IBO. longest shoots were 60 yards. It was like a 30 target iron man shoot. There was one target 45 yards down hill. 5 yard back from the target was a tree and to see and get a shot at the 12 you had to lean left. So you eather shot for the left side of the 10 or 8. Alot of people just hit the deer for 5. Or chance a breeze and stick the tree going for the 12. Well I have about 300 arrows so I got the 12. But all the targets were like that. It would have made the pros cry and go home.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well when you do, let me know:lol:

15. QSA

But it is a sweet set up B

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

30 target IRON MAN????

dude we shoot 30 targets minimum here and there are a couple of courses that 45 yrds down hill is the easiest shot on the course.....

if you dont like leaning around stuff, dont come to one of the courses around me......there are shots where you can barely touch the stake w/your toe.....

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there are 2 courses that I know of around here that the Pro's most likely wouldnt fare very well on......

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah we laugh at shots like that...HAHAHA:lol:

40 yrds @ a small white bear in the snow...HAHAHA:lol:

45 yrds downhill kneeling under a cedar tree @ a bedded buck...HAHAHA:lol:

30 yrds downhill at an Alligator in the swamp...ok I didn't laugh at that one...YES I DID...HAHAHA:lol:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

"30 yrds downhill at an Alligator in the swamp...ok I didn't laugh at that one...YES I DID...HAHAHA"

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

20. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Not the Limerick Gator...The NDR&G Gator...