WHA Worldhunt competition, a really bad idea.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Chris, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

There is a new group that plans to start a new hunting competition. Get this they do not plan to kill the deer. They plan on traquilizing them. Catch and release hunting. Are you kidding me.

The Anti's are going to be all over this. The site is worldhunt dot com. I didn't want to place a real link here.

I have yet to figure out how you can shoot a deer with a traquilizer arrow. That arrow will blow right through the deer.

Wait until the anti's see this. They will promote it as the end of hunting as we know it.

I hope none of the archery manfacturers sponsor this nonsense.

2. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

In the video on the site it looks like the arrow has some kind of stop collar at the base of the point to stop penetration.

As for sponsors it's only a matter of time. Before we know it it will be on The Outdoor Channel.

4. Chris

Let see, a stop collar on an arrow generating 60-70 ft/lbs of kinetic energy. I see broken ribs and possibly damaged internal organs. Maybe they expect you to shoot it in the rear. :crazy:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Oh, no doubt. Stop collar or not it's gonna do some sort of damage, possibly fatal damage.
    They would have to do something to limit the impact, but nothing is 100% guaranteed safe for the animal. Hell sometimes just the tranq can kill them.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Not to mention I dont want to eat the meat of these animals after they have been tranqed, they avoid tranqing animals in some places and just put them down as they dont want people killing these animals and eating them.

STUPID STUPID STUPID

7. Chris

8. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Nonsense

What are these people thinking. I as a hunter would want no part of this. I can't imagine why any other Bowhunter would either