What Arrow rest for 3-D shooting?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Pinky, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

What types of rests are the preferred for 3-D shooting on a hunter class rig?

There are a bunch to choose from. What works?

Thanks in advance,

-Pinky

2. Jefro

Jefro Member

Pinky-

For the most part, it all comes down to personal choice. I prefer to use a rest that is very simple. ( Trophy Taker ). It does not have a lot of moving parts or springs that can wear out. If something happens to it, you know it right away. There are several to chose from, but simplicity is a big factor for me. Good luck. Jeff

3. ptcruz421

ptcruz421 Member

I agree with Jefro. The Trophy Taker is a very nice rest and very durable.

4. skateboard

skateboard Junior Member

i like the nap quick tune 2000. it,s a dropaway rest and it works great for hunting to.

5. bow-regard

bow-regard Member

I think you find a lot of people shooting drop aways. Even hunters. They just seem to be more forgiving. If you decide to take the same setup hunting, you do not have to worry about helical fletching clearance.

There are many good drop aways, Trophy Taker, Golden Key TKO, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. Prices will range from about $50 to $150 depending on what features you want.

6. bjcrawfo

bjcrawfo Junior Member

I shoot in the hunter class also.. I shoot a Trophy Taker rest.. Can't go wrong!

7. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

Thank you for the replies.

I have never used a drop away rest for target or hunting. Y'all have me convinced tho. I'll give it a whirl.

THX Again

8. CA Rcher12

CA Rcher12 Member

RE:what rest for 3d shooting?

I would use a cheap shoot through rest for 3d like a Golden Key TM Hunter rest if you have straight-fletched arrows, otherwise I would use a dropaway or a CAP Whiskerbuiscut for the offset and helical fletched arrows out there.Although the Whiskerbiscuit is a great rest, your vanes/feathers will wear faster. I would only use it if I had a fletching jig & replacement fletching.

9. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict Junior Member

I use thr TKO and Infinity rests they are both fallaways the Infiniti is microadjustable.

10. Joseph S.

Joseph S. Junior Member

My stepdad has a dropaway and it was put on in the store. They did not secure it and moved up in his case and ripped off one of his fletchings

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

3d rest

Trophy ridge makes one of the best 3d rests Ive used. very duable and dependable. for the price you cant go wrong!!!!

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Has any one tried the fallaway rest from Copper John. The Alleycat is a great simple rest and I cant believe it took me this long to find one I like so much. Really liked the Dropzone but it does not tune on the new Switch back. I keep getting left paper tears no mater how far left or right the it is mounted. Glad I switched though and it was pretty inexpensive, about $50.

13. mlviper35

mlviper35 Member

I use the Mathews fallaway and love it. I was a classic fork or lizard tongue shooter. But the fallaway works great for me in 3D shooting.

regards,

Matt

14. Hoyt&MuzzyMan

Hoyt&MuzzyMan Junior Member

I Shoot The Whisker Biscuit Droptine Qs It Is The Same Thing I Use Hunting I Love It Your Arrow Will Never Fall Out Unless It Comes Unnocked

15. BowChic

BowChic Junior Member

Trophy Taker has my vote! ;)

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I prefer the flipper rest that screws directly into the berger button hole.....:cool:

17. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What??? :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

19. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

Trophy Taker all the way... :rockon:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dude he is still trying to get us on the old thread thing.......

what he doesnt relize, is that the first thing I do is look at who started it......

if it looks like a person who doesnt post anymore.....I look at the date....

YOU WILL NEVER GET ME MORGAN:biggrin1: