What climbing stand do you like & why ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by rbdjr, Sep 15, 2007.

1. rbdjr

rbdjr Junior Member

what climbing stand do you like? Lone wolf ? Quite?, Loggy bayou, size of platform? Summit comfort & safe? give me some ideas

thanks

2. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

summit goliath... it weighs 22 pounds but if i am going to be in the woods all day i like the comfort or the over sized sitting area. i can be still and sit for longer periods when comfortable.

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Ameristep Non-Typical Stinger.

It's a light 22 lbs ( I think) and it's incredibly solid on the tree. I'm 230 pounds and I can jump on this thing and it will not move. It's amazingly sturdy and it's pretty comfortable.

The only complaint I have is that the arm rests are just not arm rests and not very comfortable. They sell add-on accessories, including 'deluxe' armrests but you cannot find them anywhere.

So, I love the incredibly solid feel and comfort except for the arm rests and the general unavailability of the accessories they supposedly have available.

Ron

4. jkg3117

jkg3117 Member

stand

i have an api archery model( open front) It's a tad lighter than the grand slam, and i just perfer an open front! All the api stands are solid in the tree. I am 240 and scared of heights and still 25ft is no problem!!!!!!

What ever stand you use, use a harness!:amen:

Jim:peace:

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

When it comes to comfort--- I think Summit is the best. But when it comes to saftey and an easy why to lock your stand up I would go with Austun Outdoors :thumb:

http://www.austintreestands.com/

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ijust got a new one!

Summit openshot
    Quick climb strups and weighs 14lbs cant beat it!
    Ive got 9 treestands now 4 rivers edge ladder stands 2 lockon hangers
    summit viper,summit bullit back packer and i just got this summit open-shot it weigh's less for easy transport deep in the wood's!:peace:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Summit Bushmaster X4......greatest archery stand ever........light weight, quiet, comfortable......

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

no one likes the tree lounge?

9. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

ditto I love mine

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I like my treelounge. Its the only climber I use, I know a lot of hunters bad mouth them. The stand does take some getting used to, but the comfort is worth the effort and practice developing a silent routine for entering the woods and setting up. I have made some small mods to my tl to elimiate any potential noise makers. My brother uses a gorilla climber, the side rails pivot allowing you to climb up and down trees that are less than perfect and it folds up nicely, anyone else ever use one??

11. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Summit Viper. This is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I love the fold out footrest. For us taller people it is so nice to be able to stretch my legs out. It can be a little noisy while attaching to the tree but I just go slow and take my time.

12. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I like the Ameristep climbers....I bought 3 at wal-mart right before Christmas for 40$ a pc.How could you not like a climber at that price:laugh:.If one would happen to get stolen....at that price it doesn't hurt that bad.:laugh:

13. cabodi

cabodi Junior Member

treestands

i use a lonewolf hand climber, it only weighs 16 pounds, great for long hauls, it folds up flat on your back really easy 3.5 inches when folded up, nothing sticking out to get snagged up on, very quiet setup,not real comfy for a long sitting though but wouldn't trade it in

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Summit Viper X4 - Awesome stand, I love their "fold down front" stands which allow you to easily climb trees without getting hot and they are very sturdy and reliable. :rockon:

15. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

summit viper its really nice .. i need to get some summit skins though cause it clangs a little carryin it

16. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

Timbertall Brute Lite

14 pounds

Over 4" of adjustment ONCE you are UP the tree!!!

These are last year's pics with my '06 Equalizer...the '07 Guardian will take its place!!

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

its in how you are carrying it. If you secure it correctly it makes no noise other then when you slide it apart and that is minimal