What do you guys think

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Frank, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank Member

Okay looking for some opinions. As some of you know I have a Mathews SB XT, the custom grip shipped today, bow is in the shop having custom string put on:D . Do you guys think that the sts system can benifit the Mathews bow? I have seen pictures of bows with them on, but does this system really benifit my Mathews bow? I realize it might rob a little arrow speed but really not concerned with the minimal loss of arrow speed if this will help improve shootability of the bow. The bow is very shootable out of the box Iam just tweeking the bow to my likeings.:peace:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

who ever said you would loose speed is off there rocker....my switchback shot 260 before the sts and 260 after.......and yes in my opinion an STS makes any bow better......(even the mighty Drenalin:bored:)

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I too was a little skeptical at first. Ok so I was a lot skeptical I mean come on why do I need to invest another $40 to make my Mathews quieter and have less vibration. Well I really think it does help any bow. As for speed loss I never lost any either.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

look STS has another beleiver.....and to think I thought maybe just maybe I would have to buy that one......

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nobody I know has an STS. I'd really like to experience a before/after STS install to hear for myself. The idea looks good and it's not stupidly expensive... I guess I would expect to see a bit of speed increase since if you install an STS you could theoretically remove the string leeches.

Ron

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Put a home made version on my hunting bow and it reduced the noise some. No loss of speed. 264 without it and 264 with it. The bow does shoot a little better with it though for some reason.

Put one on my target bow and it made no difference whatsoever so I took it off. Just like everything, each bow is an individual machine.

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

they are great. go buy one!

Dredly approves this message!

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh thank the world I can rest easy knowing you agree.......:bored:

9. Frank

Frank Member

New bow string installed along with STS. The new grip was shipped yesterday but not here yet. When it is all installed I will post pictures of . MY Mathews Switchback XT.:rockon: . I did notice the difference with STS installed. Can not wiat till the new grip is installed:D :D

10. Frank

Frank Member

The new grip feels and looks good on the bow. The original grip came off with no problems did take about 20 min. warming the grip with a blow dryer. I dry fitted the grip this evening, after I tack it down tomorrow I will post picture.:cool: