What do you hunt with your bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by ptcruz421, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Deer (Whitetail/Mule/Blacktail/Coues)

37 vote(s)
    92.5%
  2. Elk

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Caribou

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Moose

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Black Bear

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. Brown Bear/Grizzly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mountain Lion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Boar

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Small Game

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  10. Exotics

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ptcruz421

ptcruz421 Member

What all does everyone hunt with thier bow. I'm curious.

2. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

An item that you may want to add to your poll is fish. Bowfishing is fun. Also gators....I know people also hunt them with a bow. That would be fun, I bet.

Good poll tho. Looks like deer are the favorite so far. You should do this poll again after this fall's seasons are underway.

I have a close friend who travels to Colorado each year to hunt elk and mulies.

Another friend of mine took a bear last week in Canada.

Click Here for the bear pic

3. IowaBuck

IowaBuck Junior Member

Another good one that I enjoy hunting is turkeys

4. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Mainly deer. Also Bear, turkey, hogs.:wave:

5. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I don't see how you people hunt fish with a bow. My arms get too tired holding the bow at full draw waiting for the bobber to go down.... The only one that I did get, by time I found the arrow the only part of the fish I found was the lips[/U][/I], maybe I shouldn't have used a treble hook. Maybe I should have used a differant bobber or hook.:noidea:

6. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

Haven't hunted anything yet, but I plan on going after deer. I might try bear or small game too. I pretty much will try anything as soon as I get a little more experience.

7. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I don't know if you hunt deer with a rifle or not, but once you get that first deer with a bow..... Well, I now hunt deer with a rifle to fill my freezer.It's still fun but not like the way it is with a bow. Bows are supreme.

8. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

No I don't hunt with a rifle. Everyone I talk to says bow is way better. I also like that there is more of a challenge and skill required to bow hunt.

9. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

How about ditch cougars? My wife is so pissed about the neighbors cat using her flower bed as a litter box, that yesterday afternoon, she came in the house and told me to get my bow and shoot the cat which was sitting next to their garage. I'm sure that if she could, she would have done it herself. Been trying to get it in a live trap all summer but so far all we got was 8 possum, 2 coons and 2 cats that I don't know who they belong to.

10. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i hunt everything u can hunt in IL with a bow ... i wanna hunt every animal on that list at least one time in my life though

11. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Try KFC chicken in a live trap it is my goto bait when I have a wise cat that wont fall for anything else.

I also hunt turkey and groundhogs.