What is the best compound bow if the price is not considered?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Charlie 01, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Charlie 01

Charlie 01 New Member

Hi, i'm looking for a new bow but i can't make up my mind about which one to buy. I dont realy care about the poundage, but i seriously need a very accurate bow. Please help!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  2. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

We're all going to have our own thoughts...I'm shooting the Switchback XT and I think its pretty good! Don't know about the best because there are many others out there...

Get to a shop and start shooting!

Can't go wrong with a Mathews!

:peace:

3. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

:popcorn:

Seriously, there is no answer to this question - it's all personal preference.

4. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Charlie 01

~Archery is 90% Mental :doh: :doh:
    ~There are a lot of good choices of equipment to choose from today :noidea:

Find a good shop in your area that will give you great service then choose the bow that feels the best and one that you like. :biggrin1:
    Have Fun :laugh:

JDX--

I shoot a Mathews! :wave:

Switch Back Prestige Apex 7 Conquest 4

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

FIRST OFF LET ME SAY :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the forum great to have you here with us.

I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. And I have been beat by a PSE Nova. So its not the bow. I am just a crappy shot. But I don't care I love this game called archery. All manufacturers make some awesome bows you just need to shoot them and see what feels good to ya. Normally people say longer ATA and BH means more forgiving so therefore more accurate but its all about you and your mind. GOOD LUCK and sorry I could not help you out.:doh:

6. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

You can spend 1000 for Hoyt rpoelite and still shoot it like a PSE Nova. You can buy a Nove and shoot it as good as a proelite.
    So for Hoyt Proelite is top of the line. Each company has a top of the line bow.

7. msar

msar New Member

The best bow is the one that feels right to you, BUT I guess I have to chime in and add LOVE MY ROSS!!!!!!!!!

8. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

First of all welcome to the site.:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Now for the question. None of us can say what is the best bow. First you have to determine what you wish to use it for. Hunting, 3d, spots or just going to the range for the good ol' time of it. I'm a little short s... and I prefer a smaller ATA as I only use mine for hunting and it is a little more convenient for me in the deer stand. Number one thing is to make sure you are PROPERLY fitted for the bow as far as your draw length is concerned. Everything kind of starts there. As for as the draw weight my preference is 60#'s using the 50/60# limbs. Don't get hooked into the macho "more weight is better" thing. Shoot what is comfortable to you. With the speed of the bows now it isn't as important as it used to be and I will guarentee you that your shoulders and arms will thank you in the years to come. Your arrows will be determined by your DL and your DW. Your budget and the feel of the individual bow will eventully determine which bow is best for you. Shoot as many as you can and you will figure out which bow feels the best to you. In essence, your bow will pick you out as much as you pick it. Having a good Pro shop to deal with is also a great thing to have in your corner. Any Pro shop worth it's salt will help you out a lot. Don't get hooked up on brand names as they all pretty well make good bows. Each has it's own Pros and Cons. You have to determine what feels the best. Remember you are the one putting out the money and are the one that will be shooting it, not us. Take your time and try a bunch of them. Good luck, Keep shooting and have fun with it. Once you get it, post pictures and the people on here will be glad to help you out as much as possible. Great bunch of guys and gals.

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Anything with the letters H O Y T on the side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I would stick with one of the big 3. Mathews,bowtech or hoyt but that is just me.

Rick

11. danielmike

danielmike New Member

unknown

I've only shot matthews and Hoyt. I own a Matthews MQ32 [no longer in production] which I like. Most of my friend owwn and swear by Matthews. One of which is a great white tail hunter has the same and is looking at Ross right now. I'm looking at limb saver or the new Mathews {forgot the name]. To me light weight, speed, and no strain After limb break for holding on target are important. I don't care for the switch back, but you can't go wrong with this and last years Matthews models

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha

Why would you Call These The BIG 3
    Do all 3 sell more than or shoot more accurate or hold up better than a PSE?:noidea:
    Please enlighten me, Why are these brands called the BIG 3?:noidea:

BTT- shoot them all, and you tell us what you think is the best:wave:

13. don't let a statement like the one above put blinders on you, they are good bows but there are so many more out there that can do just as good a job as those listed above but that is something that you will have to find out for yourself. which by the way is half the fun, the other half is shooting the bow you choose. :peace:

14. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

you have many choices single cam , 2cam cam & 1/2, 2 1/2 cam darton that what I shot but they all fill differant don't get hook on names the top 3 darton, high country & martin if you are like the rest of us it not going to matter because you buy a new one every year any how:frusty:

15. Charlie 01

Charlie 01 New Member

Thanks for all the advice, i have tried a few of the brands mentioned and i personaly found the hoyt ultra elite to be the bow that suited me the best. It seems realy smooth and there is very little vibration. :D

16. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Sounds like you have your answer. Go for it. :peace:

17. tecumseh

tecumseh Junior Member

My advise is for you to try out the Drenalin LD. I have a 30.5" DL, pulling 69#'s and a 410grain A/C/C 3-60 arrow and I get NO shock and virtually NO vibration relative to other bows I have shot or own. This is a very accurate bow as well due to the longer A-to-A. ...and btw, I do NOT use a stabilizer. It does not need one. Another thought is the Mathews Apex Conquest and Apex 7 have won many shoots in the past and have been calibered as "very accurate" bows due to their long A-to-A as well. :wave:

18. looks like you made your choice.

19. gpalma

gpalma Junior Member

If money is no issue and I was looking for an accurate bow design...strictly accuracy mind you, it would have to be a Barnsdale target bow.

20. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

yea he is right, but hoyt should be on the top.................:cool: :cool: Naa man it is what you like! Shoot them all!!!:welcome: