What release do you use???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Mar 4, 2006.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I was just wondering what release you guys are using for different shooting whether hunting,3D,spots??? I am using the same release right now(tru-fire x-caliper) but will probably be changing soon. Have been trying several different ones just can't make up my mind. Definately like the tru-balls and carters. So come on list all of them for me.

Frank

2. VA Vince

VA Vince Junior Member

Releases

For my hunting release i use a hurricane. With my target bow i have been trying to learn BT. So i bought a tru ball bt gold. This release is awesome, suprise shot everytime. I also bought a carter hunter thumb trigger. It is a little big for my hand, so i am in the market for a target3 and the new Stan's.
    The superx and i cant think of the other.

3. Darrel

Darrel Member

For target shooting I use one of the following:

Scott Longhorn Pro BT
    Custom made BT release
    Carter Chocolate Addiction
    Carter Target Master 2

Darrel

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Tru ball Rackmaster buckel for hunting (less noise), And the velcro rack master for 3d and spots. I like the rope as the connection from strap to release head as it does not allow you to torque the release what so ever.

5. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Hunting, 3-d Scott Mongoose
    Spotts Zenith

6. Radar

Radar Story of my life

releases

For hunting 3D and spots I use the Truball Sabertooth, I have a back tension but I am waiting until after leagues are over to try it again.

7. oldstyle

oldstyle Junior Member

I use a spot hogg cascade #8 . its a rope release with thumb back tension trigger. have had no problems with it.

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

what release do you use

I just started using the Tru-Ball Sabrtooth. I have a Scott long Horn, And a New Stans, and Carter Ember.

9. zip4644

zip4644 Junior Member

Hunting /3d scott shark
    spots tb sweet spot 2
    also own a carter target 4 but I tend to trigger this one manualy.

10. srcarlso

srcarlso Member

Releases

I had been using a BT release but switched back to a Carter 2-Shot strap release with a slightly heavy spring. By squeezing the trigger with the heavy spring, I can get a surprise release like a BT. This release has a 2 sear like a fine rifle trigger thus provides very smooth action. It seems for my build, this works better than a BT though most could argue it should not. I just like it better and shoot fine this way.

I have a Carter Ember 1 on order to use for 3D and Spots.

11. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Hot Shot rope release for both 3D and leagues. I have used the same release for 10 years now and wouldn't change.

MoBowman ```----------->

12. Darrel

Darrel Member

Srcarlso, Once you learn how the BT process works, it can be used with any release. Olympic archers use BT when shooting with fingers, and they still get the surprise release. The only difference is you have to adjust, or modify, how you use the BT to fit the type of release your shooting.

When you get the Ember, tell me how you like it. I have heard mixed responses about the release. I will wait till I can get one in my hand later this month.:biggrin1:

Darrel

Darrel