What Strings to Buy

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by joeygumbo, Jan 8, 2007.

1. joeygumbo

joeygumbo Junior Member

I am looking to put a good set of strings and cables on my 07 Martin Bengal.
    Which should I go with, custom or hybrid like Zebra or Winner's Choice.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have used Winner's Choice on 2 different bows with excellent results.

Ron

3. mt1961

mt1961 Junior Member

Vaportrails are good also. Great customer service and super fast shipping. Recieved mine 3 days after order was placed. I've shot them on an Illusion for 8 months now and they still look new and haven't stretched a bit. Here's a link http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I have both Winner Choice Strings and Bucknasty's Strings. The Bucknastys Strings are everybit as good as the WC's are and about 1/2 the price. They are around $45 for the set delivered with your choice of colors and material. He does a quality job :rockon:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why are you changing the strings on your 07 already??? are the strings that martin has that crappy that new ones will make the bow shoot better???

6. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

Man theres no call for downing peoples equipment:mad: thats just bad taste. maybe the man wants some colored strings on his setup martin has been around a long time where do you think mathews gets all there ideas!!!
    joeygumbo i sell alot of winners choice stings they are good.there is nothing wrong with martin they know there way around the block mathews has takin alot from martin the roller guard for instence. that is a good shooting bow you got. shop around and youll find the string and cable you want good luck

7. joeygumbo

joeygumbo Junior Member

Thanks lady archer but he can act like an archery snob if he wants. I like the bow. I paid the money for it, and I shoot it extremely well. If he must know it is the limb saver cable slide that has chewed the string up. My archery pro put it on when he set my bow up. As you can see I do not trust him enough to ask him what new strings but ask people who I thought would be willing to help. But I understand his game and I read his threads about how Matthews is God. The fact is all these bows shoot better than the shooter anyway. So the only thing he gains by trashing my bow is that i still have 275 more in my pocket than he does.

8. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

did you find what you where looking for ? check out one of these cable gaurd slides they won't chew up your strings.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

another vote for Vapor Trails from me. excellent strings!

oh and make sure you tell them you need strings AND cables not just strings :)

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Love :love: dem Martin bows been shootin' em for 23 years. I ahve gotten very good service since the get go grom the strings, Just gotta keep em greased HS :peace:

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Is it the actual cable slide chewing the cable or is it dirt that got imbedded in the cable/wax/slide that's doing it ? String wax don't seem to attract dirt like a magnet however I can say that once dirt gets imbeddded it can act like sandpaper. I make sure I clean off the string and cable with some Windex on a rag before I apply wax. You would be surprised at how much dirt comes off the string and cable when you do this.

I use WC strings/cables but many of my friends use Zebra with good results.

When I bought my BT Allegiance I changed the string and cables within the first month I had it. There was no point in getting it tuned and then having to change things around later when the serving started to creep... I fought that with my Diamond Victory and learned my lesson.

Good luck !

Ron

12. joeygumbo

joeygumbo Junior Member

Thank all of ya'll who have offered such great information. I have decided to go with the WC strings and cables.

Lady Archer I also would like to thank you for the cable slide choices.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if the shop did this on my 07 any brand bow i would be headed back to them and have them putting a new string and cable on that there exspense....

14. joeygumbo

joeygumbo Junior Member

Bowman, I am so excited that you have actually said something that one makes sense and two makes people realize that you have a brain.

15. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

He likes upping his post count!!

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is it working?????

17. joeygumbo

joeygumbo Junior Member

bowman contacted martin and they are going to take care of everything. They are going to send me to another shop in the area and will replace the strings and cables and update my cable slide all for free.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

as they should.....

and just so everyone knows that was the point of my first comment in this thread....I sometimes forget that not everyone knows how to take my humor.....

19. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Joey,

I just got my Martin Pantera a couple weeks ago and from that bow and the others I've had the last two years there is nothing wrong with the factory strings---most of the time.

However, if you just wish for some different material or colors, or whatever your reason for change I would highly recommend Bucknasty rigging. I've used Prostring and Winner's Choice before and they are high quality, but Bucknasty gives you the same quality at about half the cost. Actually his serving job is better than WC's. The string/cables come prestretched, pretwisted and served under tension.

You can pick the material you want (8125, 452X) and one or two colors at no additional charge. Last set I got from John the price was $50 shipped to my door. That's for string and cable(s).

The name Bucknasty is his user name over on www.archerytalk.com. His given name is John Mraz. You can look up his profile and get his phone number and/or shoot him a PM.