What the?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Okay before we start laughing and blasting bowtech somone answer the question first.

I was just shooting my OG and it felt very strange, a large amount of recoil and noise. So I shot again and the same thing happened only worse. So I looked at my bow and the rod came out that has the cable slide on it.

wtf?

So I took out the locking hex screw and put the rod back in however it doesn't seem like it wants to go all the way in and it is still shooting very strange. Any suggestions? (Yes I did put the cables back in the slide correctly)

2. tek

tek Senior Member

When you shoot alot something sooner or later will work its way loose.

I know you said you put the cables back to where they were in the cable slide. But did you cross the cables on the bottom or top. Not real sure about that bow but I would think that they would be crossed on the bottom.

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Get you a Martin shoot thru system. No problems like that. HS

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Did you take the rod all the way out and check the hole, maybe a small peice broke off in there.....also maybe the rod is slightly bent??

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

It looks perfectly straight. I'm going to try to remove it again tommorow and make sure... now I can't get the stupid thing out of the riser. grrr

as for the question about the strings, they are crossing below the cable slide.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it was hard going in and now you are having a hard time getting it out.....sounds bent to me....but what do I know all the bows I have....are roller guards.....

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

If I remember correctly it was a massive PITA to get out the first time back when I tried using a WindStalker (ate up the cables horrible) so it may just be a bowtech thing. I'm gonna play with it some more and see what happens

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

If the hole in the riser is tight it may have some gall marks on the rod from the lock screw jamming it up

9. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

what brokenarrow said. it doesn't take much of a burr. also the pressure from the set screw can cause a carbon rod to swell some.