what would you think happened?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by upnorth, Aug 14, 2008.

1. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

i get a call asking if i do warranty work on a certain bow ( he bought it at gander mountain 100 miles away ). he says it has a cracked limb . he bought it in march and only has a 100 shots through it . when he droped it off the bottom limb was totally destroyed one of the worst ive seen . strings and cables and cam looked fine . how would you interpret this ?

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

pressed wrong?

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Call him a liar. But, I would probaly just be a good tech and get my reputation up and fix it for him. Nothing for free though.

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

How about some pics? :noidea:

5. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I assume you are authorized to do warranty work for this manufacturer? I'd handle it in whatever way you have set up with the manufacturer. :noidea:

6. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

i just talked to him and he says that when he shot it he heard a click .then saw a split in the lower limb . he hung the bow up and when he went to get it to bring to me .the lower limb was shattered . theres nothing that shows it was dry fired no marks on the strings or cams. it looks like it just collasped slowly. i told him 20 dollars to put it back together for him he cant drive to gander and back for that . the parts are being shipped today .

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

was it a delamination crack or did it run across the limb?

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

LEFT in a hot car???:noidea:

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Way to handle your business I wish more shop owners were like you...:peace: I have been in several shops over the years that I get the "well if you would have bought it here" speech. Guess what I load my stuff back into the vehicle and I don't go back and I tell everyone else I know about my experiences as well. I would say that you gained a customer with this guy. Keep up the good work.....:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

While incorrectly sitting in the press :noidea:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

does it get hot in Wisconsin?.......:noidea: :laugh:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

didnt notice the location bud, sorry....:peace:

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Actually it does get hot in Winsonsin....

My vote is either it was pressed akwardly or he possibly could have dropped it on something and the limb took a hit.

I'm with bullfiddle, it's good of you to tackle the problem for the customer instead of washing your hands of it. Good for you and I hope your business flourishes.

Ron

14. Stratcat

Stratcat Junior Member

Upnorth saves the day

Kidos to you for taking care of this. Hope you get a new and longtime customer for your efforts. We need more shops and or persons like you
    that are willing to help.:rockon: