Where to Find FIBER?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by mathewshutr, May 11, 2005.

1. mathewshutr

mathewshutr Junior Member

I recently got a Viper Scope and have been trying to find some new fiber for it. I can't seem to find anyone that carries 24in or longer fiber. Blue seems to be especialy hard to find. Any help in pointing me towards someone that carries .010-.019 fiber would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Ask Chris

He would be the one who would most likely know if anyone does.PM him.

3. WannabePro

WannabePro Junior Member

Quality fiber

I recently bought some quality fiber at Kinseys Outdoors (717)653-5524. It was much brighter that what came on the sight from factory. I also made my 20 yard pin with a longer fiber optic so that it is brighter. It's reasonably priced and can greatly improve the brightness.

4. archer2009

archer2009 Junior Member

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what is mcmaster carr???

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Over the Summer I put longer fiber on my Trophy Ridge sight. I got it from fitzfiber.com. They sell several sizes of 2 different types of fiber. One type glows brightest at short lengths and the other type glows brightest at longer lengths. They sell a $20 pack of 5 3-foot fibers in either type. They have, at least, .039, .029, .019 and I think they also have .010. They also sell the protective tubing by the foot, so you can run your own extended fiber. Check out their web site. I ordered my .019 fibers off their site and got it in about 5 days. They also have pic galleries of site mods people have made to increase pin brightness without using a site light. I followed one of those examples to modify mine. I was unhappy with the pin brightness and was going to buy a new site, but now it's awsome and I absolutely love it. A few people have asked me to modify theirs as well, even though it's easy to do if you have the fiber, tubing, etc....

Good luck.

Ron

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I replaced my fiber on my Viper scope with fibers from Fritzfiber. They have a good selection of colors and type of fiber.

8. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Fiber replacement

I found some on ebay at a good price. $20 for three 5ft pieces in 3 different colors. You could get .019 or .029 diameters. Don't know if it's still on there or not

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's an industrial supply company.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I had no idea....thanks for the info