which 3d sight?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wheelershooter, Feb 19, 2006.

1. wheelershooter

wheelershooter Junior Member

I am looking into buying a 3d sight,I shoot all year round and am now currently 6th in an indoor league with just my hunting sight, a vital bow gear 3 ring trapper. So far it is between a copper john pro 3, a sword acu site apex 3 micro, or an extreme modle 800. I would like to stay in this price range. Any recomendations would be very helpful, as would the pros and cons of each sight. Thanks for all your help.

2. Ransombow

Ransombow Junior Member

Copper John gets my vote. Very tough and solid. Nice bright pins. (Just remember that this is my opinion.)

3. Ol'Dad

Ol'Dad Member

Look at the Spot Hoggs.They're AWESOME!!!

Brandon

4. srcarlso

srcarlso Member

Scopes

Take a hard look at the Sureloc line- top of the line lens and solid construction. I am shooting a Supreme with a 0.6 diopter lens. I would recommend getting a superball peep kit as well so you can change aperatures to adjust clarity and scope centering. The new hooded peep is excellent for removing glare even indoors. Get the peep kit with all aperatures (about $45) - you will not regret it.

5. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

6. srcarlso

srcarlso Member

Scope

I forgot to mention in my post above that when you are considering what magnification you want, do not focus on the X designation (3X, 4X) as it is only a reference. The lens is actually designated with a diopter grind which can be converted back to X only through a chart such as found on Sureloc's web site - they do a great job of explaining it.

www.Sureloc.com

Even the peep size will affect magnification (and clarity) - that is why I recommend the superball setup. On my bow, if I look through the scope at full draw bypassing the peep, the target seems larger but fuzzier.

7. PSE4LIFE

PSE4LIFE Junior Member

8. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

The CJ Pro III is hard to beat, IMO. Very well made, bright pins, large diameter pin guard, fine company behind it.