Which Blind?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by sugarray, Sep 5, 2008.

1. sugarray

sugarray New Member

I am looking at the Ameristep Dominator vs Double Bull. Same basic style, but Dominator is cheaper and taller.
    what do you all think?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If I had the money I would without a doubt get the Double Bull. Just not in my budget.:frusty:

3. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

Get anything but a Escape...They have alot of problems with rod seperation...

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

I agree,also check out the primos blind its a double bull blind from a year or so ago...

5. Speed Trap

Speed Trap New Member

Blind

I bought two Ameristeps Intimadator, same as Dominator, but a tad bit smaller. A little noisy if you have brush around it and its faded like there's no tomorrow. I'm getting a DB as soon as I get the money together.

6. swampbuck

swampbuck Junior Member

It should be a sin to even try to compare any Ameristep to a Double Bull! But for a little less money than a DB, with great material (cordura) and built to last forever quality, look into Luckys blinds as they are very nice also.

7. BowhntrOma

BowhntrOma New Member

The Ameristep blinds fade and the color bleds bad if they get wet. I had a Intimidator that bled. The camo pattern didn't even look like camo. I emailed Ameristep and their response was not good. They said "These are portable blinds not intended to be left out for long periods." My blind was set up in the deep woods. There was no direct sunlight. It got rained on once and snowed on once. The fabric color just bled to the point that it was just a dark redish brown color. There was no definition left in the camo print. If they improve on the fabric these would be a nice blind. I was lucky and bought mine at Cabelas. They took it back and I got a Double Bull Matrix.

8. swampbuck

swampbuck Junior Member

Since this thread is a month old, it maybe too late, but I now sell ASAT Quickie blinds as i looked high and low to find one that beats the double bull in quality AND price (like $250 vs $399)!!!!!