Which Bow??

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by pse x force, Jan 31, 2008.

1. pse x force

pse x force New Member

Hello, I am new on this forum and I have wondered if you could help me. I want to buy a bow. Nothing professional just something for a hobby. And I wonder if anyone of you could help me. I would like to know wich type I should buy as my first bow (compound, recurve...) and wich brand is best.
    Thank you.:wave:

2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

X-force??:doh:

3. yetibowtech

yetibowtech Staff Shooter Uncle Bob's

hobby?

Man i hate to tell you this but this is a sport that is above the hobby expense.
    a bow is about $700-800.00
    Sight $100.00
    Rest $100.00
    doz arrows $80.00
    release $60.00-250.00
    quiver $50.00
    I would shoot the following bows and they pick the one you like the most and tell the sales man to shut up!
    Hoyt: trykon,Katera
    PSE:thunderbolt, X force shoot nice but i think it is ugly
    Fred Bear: Done deal, the truth 2
    Red Head: Kryptik
    Bowtech: all of them
    Ross: Cardiac
    High Country: Supreme Pro

Well enjoy take your time and shot them all or as many as you can, shoot several arrows and don't let sales men act like it is a big deal to set up the bow to shoot, it's there job, you are the customer act like one. shot 20-30 arrows and take notes and write done your fellings on the bow.
    Is this over kill no!
    It is your money so be happy with what you bought knowing you made an a choise based on first hand knowledge

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Best advice! Shoot, shoot, shoot. Whatever feels the best to you is the bow you should buy! Good luck, you have to post pictures when you buy a new bow, thats the man law. We will be waiting.

5. pse x force

pse x force New Member

Thank you for your answers, I will post some pictures in a few weeks :biggrin1: