Which Mathew's is better?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by georgiaboy83, Jul 29, 2007.

1. georgiaboy83

georgiaboy83 Junior Member

Trying to descide if the XT is better than the Drenalin. Some say it is some say the Drenalin is much better. I am looking for forgiveness, speed isn't everything to me. I am wanting a bow that I can shoot for a years, but also one I have convidence in as well.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont sell your self short.....look at the original Switchback also.....you can getthem cheaper and they are every bit as good as the other 2.....

THAT BEING SAID.......did you shoot the 2 side by side???

which one did YOU like better???

3. georgiaboy83

Yes I have shot both the Dreni and XT. I liked them both, just the XT was smoother to me. I have never owned a mathews and want to get the right bow for my first. The Mathews dealer hear only have 1 used XT, and I have to sell my old AR34 first. He said he can get a new one for 20 bucks less than a Dreni is. Dreni $699, Brand new XT $679, or the used one is $500 but looks new. What you think???

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so the XT was smoother and that was the only difference??

does the XT fit you?

if the only difference you noticed was it was smoother and its is $200, I dont need to tell you which one I would choose.....

5. georgiaboy83

I loved the XT, the only thing I like more about the Dreni was it is lighter. This is a hard decision, should I just spend the 200 bucks for the latest and greates or save the money for asseccories? Need you opinion, what you think?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Buy the used XT and get better accessories with the money left over. :rockon:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup thats my thought also.....:noidea:

8. philg

philg Member

Both are great but I went with the Drenalin, I counld not be more pleased. I don't believe you would regret the purchase. And I am not one to just buy because someone tells me too or because they have so many adds. I do alot off reading and asking questions.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did you put an STS on it??

10. philg

philg Member

I think I am unsure what you mean?:noidea:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

STS.......did you put an STS on your bow......

http://www.stsarchery.com/

12. philg

philg Member

Drenalin uses the roller... not the cable guard. I have never used one on any of my other bows either but it had crossed my mind when I first saw one.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ummmm....it doesnt matter if you have a rollor guard or not......th STS mounts the bottem hole in your riser......

14. philg

philg Member

I new there was application for that screw slot but to be perfectly honest I had not thought of that. Might be another thing I could try. Alought it is quiet the way it is it could still yet be quieter.

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh dude it does alot more than make the bow quite....you really need to try one and there are aton of different ones out there.....MEANV2 (member here) makes a good one and my next one i get will be one of his........

16. philg

philg Member

I think I will buy one. It can't hurt thats for sure. Thanks for the insight.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you will not regret it...it adds hardly any weight, quiets the bow, Vibration and hand shock will be almost completly gone and you will not loose any speed.......

I will tell you the same thing I told Bhhoosier when he was sceptical....IF you dont like it.......I will buy it from you.....

this is the deal.....put it on the bow, shoot a few shots, you will be saying at this point.......it doesnt do much.....now take it back off and shoot a few shots......I will bet that it goes back on the bow and doesnt come back off......

18. philg

philg Member

MeanV2...is this where you got yours or the STS websight that you listed?

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I got one from the local mathews dealer........the other I bought used from a member on here.....

20. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha now!

Dont buy until youve shot them all!
    Try the PSE MOSSYOAK-X
    and the new Browning MARIGE
    also the Black-Ice
    Ive shot all three and cant deside!:doh: