Who likes Pop-up 3D?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, May 27, 2008.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Some members of our club have started their own pop-up 3D business and they are having their first shoot at our club this weekend. If I miss another swim meet the wife will do bad things to me in my sleep so I am gonna have to skip it :mad:

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?p=172244#post172244

Ya'll ever shot pop up before?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

havent shot pop up, but would like to try it.....hows it work with back tension??

3. Hook Em

You can shoot it with back tension as long as you can load the arrow pretty quick. There are different speeds/levels that you can set the course on. Pro level would be tough, but for just regular shoots they set it on easy so you have time. I shot against a guy last year that was using his hinge...I use the punch-o-matic though :rockon:

4. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN CJKOLCUN

I shot it last year at BASS PRO SHOP with a BT and it was hard. I will shoot it with a trigger this year.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats what I figured......:D

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Seems it would be a lot of fun but might get you to pick up bad habits that I constantly fight to rid myself of... :bowl:

Ron

7. tx_poptart

tx_poptart New Member

I can understand how some would think that you could pickup bad habits. I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I can use back tension, punch, and squeeze all with 1 release, it just depends what frame of mind I am in...For pop-up, I use more of a controlled punch but I can take that same release and apply back tension for spot and 3d shooting and I use a squeeze when hunting....I know some won't agree with me but I have developed these techniques and practice them all on a regular occasion.....

8. Hook Em

I am an admitted 3D puncher....pop up or not. Use BT for shooting spots, but it just doesn't work for me shooting 3d. maybe I will be able to do it someday :noidea:

Hey pop-tart, are you gonna have something for the runner to hide behind this weekend when it stops?

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I enjoy shooting any kind of mechanical or pop-up targets... I think it adds a whole new thought to shooting under pressure.

10. tx_poptart

tx_poptart New Member

Hey pop-tart, are you gonna have something for the runner to hide behind this weekend when it stops?[/QUOTE]

We should have all of our Barriers and backstops in place so the runner should appear and disappear David Copperfield style.....Wouldn't it be cool to have Chris Angel setup a 3d course......

11. Hook Em

No...that dude is evil

12. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

S'truth?! I never KNEW there was such a thing!

Popup 3d sounds very cool!

I know my goal in life....to someday set up a "real hunt" moving 3d course...before I die. I've done it before for pistol shoots...but for bows would be very cool.

Imagine a low flying grouse target....or a buck bouncing across the hillside.

Sounds like it'd be the closest thing to hunting that doesn't involve killing something.

13. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Hook is pop up 3D kinda like whack a mole without the hammer?....:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

14. Hook Em

yep...with 12 rings and some of them move horizontally across the range

15. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:doh: :doh: :doh: :lol:

16. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Sounds strangely like the Buckmaster's shoot I've seen on TV a few times. I think it would be fun though. Let us know how it goes and what the final scores are.

17. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I have never shot it before, but have been dying to. Am planning on going to MO for the Bass Pro pop up in July

18. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

No teasing...you guys HAVE to video and post some of this stuff to share with the lowly rest of us who only get to wish.:D