Why all the my bow is better than your bow bashing?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

You don't see it as much on our forum as some of the others but the "my bow is better than yours" really gets on my nerves. I just don't get the point of it.

When the top shooters are shooting bow brand A and switch to bow brand B, they will still shoot extremely well. It doesn't appear to me that they win more events with brandA than brandB. Look at Chance Boubeuf (sp?). He won Vegas two times shooting Hoyt, signed with PSE and won Vegas this year with the PSE.

So how can the average joe shooter think that he/she will shooter better or win more events with brand A or B or C. Better yet, how can you even say your choice of bow is better than mine or anyone elses. Even if your a better shot than someone else.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a 5.5" brace 20" axle to axle bow is going to as forgiving as a 41" axle to axle 8" brace bow. My point is shoot what you like regardless of what anyone else thinks.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

so what you are saying is that Mathews sucks right?

heheh on here its all in good fun. on a lot of other forums it gets just MEAN

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What I have noticed is that most of the bashing goes on about the short, fast, supposedly dead quiet hunting type bows.

I rarely see arguments about which target bow is better than the other. Maybe it is a mind set that the people have that don't truly know anything about target shooting have. I love my Ovation and I am shooting it really well, but I would never say it was better than someone else's Constitution, or Hoyt whatever, or PSE whatever.

When these bows are shooting sub 60lb draw weights and are shooting arrows under 250fps it seems like all the trash talking stops. Maybe this is because people shooting these bows realize that it requires more than a bow and a scope to score well.

I will not say it is a "bow hunter" mentality either as I am an avid bowhunter myself. I would have to say it is the mentality of the unexperienced archers the still think archery is 80% equipment and 20% shooter.

When you take the time to educate yourself and break out of your "brand loyalty" shell, you will realize that archery is 80% shooter and 20% equipment.

I shoot Mathews bows because 1. they are high quality well made bows (like many others) and 2. I respect Matt Mcpherson's lifestyle and his story and share many of his beliefs and a love of guitars.......:peace:

p.s. Bowtech sucks more dred..................:rockon:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  4. because its true, unless of course you shoot something else other then a bowtech:rockon: :laugh: :peace:

5. I just had to save my 100th post for something worth while.:thumb: :whistle:

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Then I would have to say you failed in that attempt......:noidea:

Maybe you can try again at 200......:peace:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Actually I would definitely say it is part of the bow hunter mentality. I am an avid bow hunter. if I don't get out 30+ times a season I'm upset. But hunting is all about the best gear, newest clothing... whatever will give you the biggest advantage. How many people wear under armor or scent block because they THINK it may provide an advantage?

In addition to that I've noticed a very very violent response to almost any hunting topic out there which really shocks me. Bring up baiting on any hunting forum and instantly the conversation gets "violent". I think of it the same way die hard fans of one team in baseball will defend their players actions "Oh that fastball was thrown at him!", "Those aren't steroids they are legal muscle enhancers"...

Same thing goes for bows. There will always be people ready to jump in and trash your decision because clearly their item of choice is correct and yours is wrong. Its an amazing thing really.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if bow bashing gets on your nerves then maybe you should rethink the hole owning a forum site......just simply stateing that it will go on no mater what....

its just like the old dodge is better than ford and chevy and so on.....

oh and by the way dredly when my Prestige gets here it WILL be better than any of your bowrecks.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Since you said it first, I will agree.................:peace:

10. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

It must be the inferiority complex they (bow hunters & Dredly) have due to their short stabilizers :pound: :biggrin1:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what he said.........

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Not braggin or anything, but mines 30 inches..........................:scared:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

betcha that hurts when you swing it around......:tape:

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I feel like a bull in a china shop with it sometimes......:noidea:

15. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

And you're a gas pump for Halloween right?

16. I have found in the short time I have been here is that majority of this bashing is done in fun which is nice, once in awhile you get some one new to the site that doesn't know it. The new guys are use to the bashing that goes on in some of the other forum sites.

17. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

People are constantly thinking they can buy better scores which is absolutely CRAZY.:doh:

I do not think we have that problem here at all. We may bash each others bows but it is nothing serious. If a new archer comes on here and says he can only afford a PSE Nova(I'm not taking anything away from the Nova it is a great bow) we congratulate him and try to help him out as much as possible. The only problem I see is when say I bash Dredly for his Bowreck or he bashes my XT and new guys do not understand we are just hackin on each other that may confuse them a little. I hope we never turn anyone away from this site due to our humor with each other. I think my bow is better than other bows for me personally. Or else I would own something different.

By the way Dredly how is the Ovation doing???:peace:

18. I can see where you would think the way you do, you have to come out of the dard side in order to relize it. :laugh:

19. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I like the dark side.........we have the best names.........at the local shoots I am know as Darth X-terminator!!!!!!!

20. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Usually a slot machine. May go with gas pump or Olympic pole vaulter next Halloween just to mix things up.