WHY does this happen?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Dec 22, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Tiss the season(new bow )...why does one buy a new bow only to post all the problems their having with it(not much here).Instead of posting whats wrong with their new bow...why not take it back first and have it fixed...cam lean...timming issues...cables rubbing each other.I'm already seeing the crap...General problems..trouble with 82nd airborne(sp)....drives me crazy.I know these sites are for getting help,but when it comes to a brand new bow...take it back to the dang shop and let/make them fix it.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

you're absolutely right...
    If you're having trouble with a new bow...that's what your dealer is for...minor tuning issues that you need help diagnosing is what the forums are good for...
    One problem might be if they bought the bow on the internet...then it seems like there's no one to turn to...Find a dealer and if the dealer won't help you contact the manufacturer...:noidea:

Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining I guess...:laugh:

3. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

You are right. Just get it fixed.

I do like to hear about "problems" though. Especially on the bow I own. Kinda like a heads up on what to watch out for.

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

thats cause most people dont have common sense. I see it all the time too. mostly on Bowtechs and Elite's. I'm not sure but I think its really haters that make things up. Some do have legitimate issue's. but would rather slam the company before they contact them. Though I have seen some that have contacted and still had issue's. Most threads that are bashing a bow they supposedly purchased.. Dont have pics. So I dont get excited over it. Too many people get in an uproar over it. Which just gets more people to do it. There just like woman... ignore them and they'll go away!!!:tape:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes BUT..... that could work as a double edge sword.......everytime you make a bad shot you may be thinking.....OH MAN I hope my limbs arent getting ready to let loose.......:noidea:

6. timberghost

LOL!! every time I make a bad shot I'm thinking that I messed up somewhere.:laugh:

I will admit that I have had that thought when shooting my BlacKnight. Nothing has ever happened though. Yet.:D

I have only had one bow that needed warranty work. Years ago when I shot my Jennings Carbon Extreme. and it flew out of my hand and hit a rock and splintered the bottom limb. They fixed it for me and that was that.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have never needed warrenty work on a bow of my own, but I have worked on warrenty bows and every company that i have dealt with has been fast and easy to deal with.......

EXCEPT HOYT.......

PSE was the best about warrenty.......

8. timberghost

See!!:lol: Now there is a heads up for me. I shoot Hoyt. From what I gather being a "Hoyt repairman" is a very lonely job. Like Maytag.:D

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it was 5 years ago, I just hope they have changed their "it couldnt be our fault" attitude.....

10. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

Some may post of problems with their new bow hopeing to get help in figureing out the problem because it is after hours at the local shop or over the weekend. Maybe the problem they are experinceing some else has dealt with and was just a simple adjustment to fix it.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I agree with this post..........

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Or maybe the only shop near them have dumbys working there. They can not find out the problim. So you ask for help and find someone who knows. But do not cry about it. Research the bow before you buy it.