wide cut accurate broadheads

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Daverdawg, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Daverdawg

Daverdawg Guest

Yes i wanna move up to a wider cut broadhead for better bloodtrails with good accuracy and groups out to 50 yards. Id prefer a fixed blade but can live with a mechanical. Any suggegestions would be helpful and thanx

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Maybe a Slick Trick Magnum for a fixed blade, or Grim Reaper mechanicals....

3. rpford53

rpford53 Member

If you have the energy, Vortex Broadheads are great. I shoot the Mini Max Pro Extreme 100 for Deer and Javelina which have a 2" cutting diameter, and Pro Extreme 100 for Turkey, which have a 2 1/2" cutting diameter.

4. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

If you have a well tuned bow thunderheads are a very solid broadhead.

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Let's not kid ourselves. RAGES --- great accuracy, great blood trails, great big holes, deer down quickly.

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

:amen: I second the Rage. 2 blades make huge holes.

7. gpalma

gpalma Junior Member

If you want a fixed blad head, Thunderhead 85's, 100's and 125's are tough to beat for accuracy. In our neck of the woods, we hold seriously contested broadhead shoots each fall. These heads have accounted for more broadhead shoot wins than the rest combined. They perform real well on game too.

8. Rattler

Rattler New Member

No Doubt - Rage's!!!!!!!

9. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

Fixed blades - G5 Montecs or Rocky Mtn Blitz. Both fly great and open up big holes.

Mechanicals - Rage 2 blade or Grim Reapers. These two open up even going through the thinnest materials.

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

For turkeys I am going to try the Magnus Bullheads this year...they look awesome! Unfortunately the wife didn't bring any back for me from the ATA show!! :frusty: :frusty:

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

I would have to agree, when i shot fixed broadheads on game and in broadhead tournaments i used 100gr Thunderheads, won tournaments and took alot of deer with them.:D

On the other hand i know shoot Mechinicals and i shoot PSE-Brute 100gr
    There the same as the Rocket-hammerhead but with a Harder tip.
    I shot 1 8pt this season with them they made a masive blood trail
    And there very accurate out to any range u want to shoot.
    Here's a pic:D

12. Timmer

Timmer Member

I really liked the Tekan II's this year. Now they went and changed them for '08. Bigger blades and I hear they will be serrated. Think I'll stick with last years version. Those things were deadly and accurate too.

13. thejake254

thejake254 quick draw

If your bow is stout enough, i recommend the Vortex 100, 2 1/2 in. cut!!
    Might as well be throwing hatchets!!!

14. red man

red man New Member

grim reaper razortip they have a 1 3/8 cutting dia on them and they do not need to use rubber band like other mechanical BH the work of a spring man are they deadly

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nice post Kenny.... And those Rockets/PSE's are excellent.

I use NAP Spitfires, 100 gr, with excellent results but I don't have the actual evidence that KBO posted.... I'll be more astute this next season and post the pics.

Ron