won a Mathews genises.......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jul 14, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

My gun club held a raffle the past couple months......we were raffling a red Mathews genises....

well I won it.......so the last couple of days I have been slowly putting the thing together, a sight here, a peep sight there.....putting on a string loop....

so finally today I remembered to stop at the shop and get my targets....

I set them up and asked marie if she wanted to shoot, she said sure, so out to the back yard we went......she had so much, she said....."what time will you be home tomorow, can we shoot again???"

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

oh and by the way, i had never had a chance to actually shoot one of these things before, man there alot of fun......

2. I love Drew's Mini-Gen...I almost had to shoot THAT for indoor 3D last winter!:doh:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's awsome !
    One of my buddies daughters has a Genesis. That thing is a blast to shoot.

Ron

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Cool...I can't wait til she whoops you at a 3D...:tape:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

she was whippin me on the block target out back......:noidea:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

BLOCK ?
    OH NO ! :scared:

:laugh:
    Ron

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah I gotlike 3 of them or something:noidea:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

This thread is worthless without pics.

I shot a Genesis a few times and they are very solid.

Good luck Marie, we love ya girl. Now go practice so you can spank Adam real good.:biggrin1:

9. Oh...and... FIXED!!!!!!!

:Cry:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont bring that up again........:doh: :doh:

11. :laugh: :laugh:

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Has she never shot before? That is awesome!

13. tedicast

tedicast Member

The Genisis is a great bow. We started Jen out on an older Genisis my friend has last October. After a few months of that, I ordered 40 pound limbs for my Outback. The dl specific bow made a huge improvement in her shooting.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah if she continues and likes it I will probably get her something a little nicer.....

Prestige???
    Mustang???
    :noidea:

15. tedicast

tedicast Member

We bought her the Hoyt Selena in March...she loves the bow, and I don't see her changing anytime soon. She had some rotator cuff problems in her bow arm in January, so we looked for a light bow for her. I wanted to get her into a Dren, but she didn't want a camo bow. The Mustang stops at a 26" dl, she is 28", and the short bh on the Prestige scared me for a beginner, along with the price tag. Besides...if anyone is getting a Prestige ,,,it's ME~~~:rockon:

16. Or....ME!:biggrin1:

17. tedicast

tedicast Member

Go ahead Dan...rub it in!!!!:Cry:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey john I was just thinking........maybe she should get the prestige......until things get better I mean:tape: :biggrin1:

19. tedicast

tedicast Member

I would love to get her into a bow that would giver her a little more speed. She is only getting about 230 out of the Selena right now. Afaster bow, would definitely help her out, as most of her bad shots are from being off a bit on yardage.

20. mrstedicast

mrstedicast Junior Member

Tell her to keep practicing... It would be fun to have another female to shoot with! I didn't really become interested until I went on a shoot with John to take pictures of everyone shooting. It looked like so much fun I wanted to try it myself. Has Marie ever walked a course with you before?