Wood Bows-Wood arrows?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Paul1967, May 17, 2007.

1. Paul1967

Paul1967 Junior Member

I am going to purchase one of those finish it yourself long bow kits. I was wondering if any forum members have used these kits and are they any good? Also, I was just planning to go to my local big box sporting goods store and pick up a box of aluminum(sp?) arrows but my know it all bud (we all have one) told me that you can not shoot aluminum arrows out of a wood bow. Does he actually know what he is talking about this time(it would be a first)? oh yea this is my first post so go easy on me if it is a dumb question. Hello all and this is just the first of many bows and questions.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

First Welcome to the forum Paul...:welcome:

I have no expeirience with those bow kits...but I have several recurves...You can shoot aluminum or even carbon out of a wood bow...and alot cheaper than cedar shafts...I shoot all 3 out of my bows...so NO he's wrong this time too...:laugh:

3. Paul1967

Paul1967 Junior Member

Thank you for the information and kind welcome Broken Arrow I went by the big box sporting ggods store and there were worse than no help at all. I was beginning to put the purchase off because the kit cost about 50 and arrows would be at least 60- thats just crazy. I have done a little research and I am going to try my hand at making my arrows.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Make sure to post some pics of your progress...WE LOVE PICS...:photo: