Would this be a legal hunting sight

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by QSA, Jul 21, 2007.

1. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I am going to a big 3D shot in a couple of weeks. The flyer states'"Hunter Setup Only".
    movable sights allowed. I use a TR Rino fixed with a lens. It is my hunting bow. I worked real hard to get the lens and peep lens just right. I wear glasses and say at 20 yards every thing is fuzzy. So with this set up I do not need my glasses to hunt. It is more to clear my vision then to mag.
    So do you think this will be legal in most 3D shoots?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

In my opinion if you hunt with it then its a hunting sight. But as for the rule book I do not know. I hope they let you use it. I never really thought of moveable sights as being a hunting sight though.:noidea:

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I would say if the moveable sight don't get you, the lens will.....:noidea:

4. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Man that is a tough question.......I dont quite know how our club would handle that. I agree it might be the lens that gets ya. I would imagine that our club would say it was a no go.:noidea:

Whats power is the lens?

5. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I say no go---A lense is a lense....The purpose of a lense is to see better.

6. tek

tek Senior Member

I always use a moveable sight to hunt with and one local shoot lets us use them in hunting class as long as there are no lens in them...

If you can, call them before you go to the shoot and ask them if you are legal :noidea:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Correct. there is no way a lense will be allowed in a a hunter rig.

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

If they are playing by ASA rules then you should be ok...I don't think any other allow a lens.

9. QSA

It is a fix not mover. It is a church shoot

10. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Does it matter that much to you? I doubt they would turn you away and refuse your money. They probobly would not place you in on the list for winners. I expect you could shoot, just not register your score. It's a church shoot, after all. Go have fun. If your standing there matters that much, You need help.
    The lens will probobly screw you. Someone else could use a 6x to "clear up" thier vision.

11. QSA

I is not a mag lens. it clears my vision only. Have you ever hunted with glasses on a hot day. I under stand a mag lens being a no no.