Wow this could have hurt

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Dec 31, 2006.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

2. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Yeah you know I saw that on there last night.. Makes me real leary about my Jaguar. (sill of which I have heard nothing)
    I sure am glad mine didn't do that while I was shooting.

rdnkgrl

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

man that ranks right up there on the wierd SH**ometer........Man that would pucker me up faster than lightning:scared: :scared: :scared: :doh:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Before I worked on chainsaws and small engines, I was a archery tech in a shop full time.....I started there when I was 18.....the first bow i ever saw the shop owner press.....broke at the arrow shelf and when it let loose the peices hit the ceiling and the floor, it was the scarriest thing I have ever seen in archery.....we later got it out of the customer that the bow had spent alot of time left out in the weather....

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

last year a guy had one come apart during a league shoot...just like that...I think it was a Bowtech(could be mistaken) broke across the riser above the shelf at 2 tapped holes in the riser...made one hell of a noise!!!
    hit him in the shoulder...only hurt his pride Thank God!!!

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so the limbs dont hold together and know the riser????

man the blowies are gonna be all over this one......

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah it was a prototype..."breakdown compound"...:laugh:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

more like breakdown confidence.....that sure would make me trigger shy.....

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah talk about a distraction...how could you consentrate on anything with that in the back of your mind...:eek:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought i had trouble keeping my pin on the spot before.......

11. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

When something like that happens you are gun shy for a long time. Last summer I was shooting a 3-D shoot and i had a split knock. When I pulled the triger it split the arrow. I still wear the scar where the arrow hit me in the wrist. It took awhile to be able to shoot good again. I cant imagine a riser coming apart.

Mo.Hick

12. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

13. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Broken Bows

I was shooting one of the old PSE Citations the night before deer season opened. Came apart right in the grip just as I released the arrow. Scared the bejeebers out of me but everything missed me on the way to the ground. Luckily I had a backup bow all set up and ready to go. PSE built me a new model Citation on the spot at the Nationals the following spring. Can't complain about the product support.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

PSE no matter how much one may not be fond of them, proabably has the best customere support in the industry.....