wraps

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by the contractor, Jul 4, 2008.

1. the contractor

the contractor New Member

i am want to increase visibility of my arrows after the shot and i dont have a clue about wraps, but i was thinking of a white or zebra print.anyway , do they go on before vanes?can i add them to a built arrow , just in front of vanes? what the deal?

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They normally go on before the vanes...but...
    you can put them on around the vanes, I have seen guys cut them so that they go in front of and behind the vanes or just infront...I also saw one set where they cut slots in them to go around the vanes...:noidea:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are you saying, that you want to see the arrow, during flight??

or are you looking to improve ability to find the arrows on the ground/in the target??

4. the contractor

the contractor New Member

i need to be able to find the arrow after the shot a little easier, thats all, i'm shooting green shafts with orange&yellow tiger stripe blazers but it is still difficult with a pass thru in high grass. i have considered luminoks but not sure on weight plus what they cost.

5. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I use floresent blazer vanes. The biggest advantage I found with lumi nocks was to see the arrow easier from my tree stand when the deer doesn't carry it off with them. I could better judge what sort of hit I made. Every arrow I've been able to reuse after a kill had nothing to do with how easy it was to find. If it survived the deer, I found it and reused it. Lumi nocks cost about the same as an arrow and they add extra weight to the wrong end. I lost interest and no longer use them. I have no experience with wrapps.

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

If the arrow is under leaf litter or buried in tall grass, wraps won't help too much. If it's partially sticking out, I would think your orange and yellow vanes would make it stand out, but a wrap would also add value to finding the arrow in this situation. Normally, they go on before fletching, but I don't see why you couldn't put them infront of the fletchings if you chose to.