x-weave or GT pro hunter

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by redneckbowhunter, Aug 12, 2008.

1. redneckbowhunter

redneckbowhunter Junior Member

i am shooting a 70lb diamond liberty with 29 in. radial x-weave pro 300 arrows. its now time for some new arrows and i was wondering if i should stick with the x-weaves or go with some GT pro hunter, they both are the exact same weight at 8.6gpi and the same exact price, which one is the better choice. thanks!

2. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

I really like my Gold Tip Pros. They are tight grouping, and durable. If you are shooting a shorter length, you can use a XT Hunter, and cut equal amounts of each end of the raw shaft, and it will be just as straight, or so the Pro Shops tell me.
    As with any carbon arrow, if you shoot it long enough, and hit wood a few times, you may cause some micro fractures in the weave and resin. This will effect grouping. But you really gotta beat them up, and have them around a long time to do that.
    I've shot a lot of carbons, and love my GT Pros. I use them for 3D and hunting.
    The Ultralight Pros are great for 3D too.

3. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I am a gold tip guy my self- I never liked the X-weaves( I got 6 for my son and they werent all that great IMHO) So for my 2 cents go Gold.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Been shootin X-Weaves for 3 years now and have never had a problem. Well except for this:

5. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

I am using the X-weaves and am having luck with them. I do not know much about the ICS so nothing negative. However, the Easton Lightspeeds are a great arrow and I think they might even be a little cheaper.