Ya think he's 140?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by kbohunt, Sep 3, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Please score this deer for me?
    My outfitter sent ne pics from Ohio today of 2 different trail cams he's got set out near feeders,said he just picked the feeders up.
    I think atleast one of these is a shooter,gotta be 140 though.
    What do yall think?:noidea:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's a great looking buck...

3. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I dont know about 140 cause I suck at scoring deer (never worried about it) but those are some nice looking deer! Good luck with your hunt! And I hope your on my team:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

140#

The problem is ya cant shoot it with this outfitter unless its 140# or close to 140#:frusty: or it will cost ya $500:Cry:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I'm no expert, but I don't think either one will make 140. I would have thought your outfitter would have said if they were shooters or not. :noidea:

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

If your outfitter sent you these pics I would think that he thinks that this deer is 140 or better. But I would ask him first.

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Outfitter!

He said heres some pic's of some of the bucks i caught own two of my trail cams.
    I just got off the phone with him asking him this same question!
    He said they are close the one in the first pic i can take if i get a chance!
    He said he really needs to catch them on the cams in a few weeks in daylight when they loose the velvet, and that if the buck i take is 8 or better and atleast 16 inches wide there wont be a problem or charge!
    Im pumped!:biggrin1:

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

its hard to tell w/ the velvit. I'd say in the 130" class. I shot a 134" 2 years ago and he's close to that one. In length of G2's and main beam length. The one thing that will hurt that bucks score is the small browtines. But as long as he carries the mass after he sheads. He will be a wopper.
    Now that top buck has to be every bit of 140". And then some. I'd say easily 142"s. Real tall an wide and carries a ton of mass all the way through his main beams.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  9. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

No way he's 140. He's 141"

10. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I'm not an expert at scoring, I never much worried about it, but one of my friends just scored an 8 pt he killed last year, it is real close to the top pic, his only scored in the 120's. Velvet is deceiving though, good luck with the hunt, hope you bag a big one.

11. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I don't know if either of them will make 140"? The buck in the bottom pic looks fairly old, at least 4 1/2. I always look at their chest just below their neck, and older buck has a more pronounced brisket. It's hard to say, I would think the 9 or 10 in the top picture would score better, longer main beams and longer tines. Good luck, i've got some real nice bucks on my trail cams but they are all nocturnal

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  12. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

130 is my guess ..id never shoot a deer that little:D