Yote and Bird Down

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by STRO, May 15, 2007.

1. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

First, I have to admit. I am a liar. Went bird hunting this morning, the last morning I could go out. I took took the gun, not the bow which I said I was going bow only this season. These birds were giving me a headache. I set up about 100 yards south of where I had been setting up. Over the weekend there was one tom roosting on my property and the other 16 birds were roosting on the neighbors property about 300 yards away. The tom on my property would fly down across my property and land in the neighbors cornfrield. I thought I would take the gun out and get him midflight as he was flying to the cornfield. I got in early and all the gobbles were coming from the neighbors property. I did not think there were any birds on my property. All of a sudden a coyote comes trotting up and stops twenty yards broadside. Turns out he didn't the like the bird shot too much. Dropped him in his tracks. After I shoot I hear a couple of jakes start barking on my property and they must only be about 60 yards away in the trees. I could not see them because of all the leaves. After they are barking for about 5 minutes one flies down and lands about 35 yards away. He starts walking away so I take the shot and he drops down. He then gets up and starts flying. I take a second shot as he is flying and he goes down, runs into the timber and goes down about twenty yards away. I was back home, breasted out the bird and took a shower before my wife and kids were out of bed, with a coyote and bird down. It is a good day and life is good.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Nice goin' Clover, I heard, even over here the turkeys aren't cooperating very well :noidea:

3. wp_bowmaster

wp_bowmaster Glad he is back!!!

Good job clover!!!:thumb:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nice CLOVER.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Sweet C&O...It sounds like a good day...:peace: