You all really do need a serious section

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ib4hoyt, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

going off another thread with this...
    i know im Riff Raf but you guys do need a serious place to go!
    General is not cutting it for some reason,,i like to cut up probably more than most here.....but general here is like Mutantville in that other place..
    I don't spend that much time here but when i do come in it looks like the kids were left alone or something....
    every thread i see has cutting up in it (maybe im not looking at the good ones):noidea: maybe thats what you all want,,which is ok then...
    Not trying to step on any toes here or anything, but since im mostly an outsider i think i can see it maybe more than the ones here all the time!
    Im can of like a newbie every time i come here and see what the real newbies see..
    Just thought i would throw that out there for ya,,,,something to think about,,,,talk among your selves im out :hug:

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

It is just the seasons I think. What I see os a place where if you want to ask some thing. You feel easy about asking. I do not think everyone here thinks they are better. It is a home feeling

3. I feel it is better this way, I don't spend as much time in here as others but I know that if I come in here I won't be entering a bar room fight that was started because some one wanted to force thier hunting ethics on some one else, but will be more then likely be leaving with a :D on my face. If some one ask a question here, they get thier answer with out having to worry about being belittled or worse because they think a little different then the purist. If I want to be serious and see a bar fight, I will go to the site down the street.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Maybe this is the reason our site here is better than the other ones.:noidea: :noidea:

I understand your thinking riff raff but.............we do usually answer the questions before getting out of control. I think.:frusty:

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I agree, I would like to see the threads not pertaining to Archery, moved to the Clubhouse Lounge area. :noidea:

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hi JR
    are you trying ta be a party pooper
    we gonna cut up all tha time and one thing fwer sure we ain't the other palce

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

No pooping on this party... :D When someone wants to post something serious, it sometimes gets lost in the fun. I think that if we were able to post things in the offtopic area and not wait, this section would be more useful. :noidea:

And trust me, I don't want this place to be like the other:dizzy:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

But remember guys Chris is only one man and he cannot be here all the time. I remember before, the offtopic was running rampant with spam and disgusting stuff.:frusty:

9. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Maybe there's a need? :noidea:

There's also different ways that spam can be managed with this software, which may only require doing some updates. :noidea: :noidea:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so there IS a problem......if there wasnt we wouldnt be talking about......

Here is the problem......for me anyway....

I love archery, but if I had to talk serious about it all the time, I would get tired of it........

I have been hanging out in the lounge alot more lately......

Like I said......take the general back if thats what you want.....:noidea:

POST a BUNCH OF THREADS on tuning and stuff like that....:noidea:

11. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

Yeah, like those stupid Bunny threads...what's up with that :noidea: :dizzy:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we didnt have a place for them, when they were started.......:noidea: :frusty:

13. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Well, I think thats part of the problem... that if people weren't posting stuff other than archery in the General section, we might go for days with no one posting anything????? It's a catch 22. :noidea: :noidea:

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I do need help and will be addressing that for 2008. I already have someone in mind and have briefly talked to them about becoming a moderator.

15. QSA

Just one thing and I know you will watch or it well.
    It is a MOD not a GOD. That is one reason I hang here.

16. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I think most questions get a good answer before the thread gets to wild....

One of the reasons I come to this forum is for the humor....other sites get a little stuffy sometimes.

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Yup I agree. Very few people complain about stuff going off topic for the most part, as long as a few answers are given first. The addition of hte Lounge has helped keep stuff on topic as well I think

18. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Hey I thought I was riff and Bunnyman was raff.... what gives? :noidea:

19. QSA

Yes and I am that strange one eyed guy over in the corner lurking here and there, Just waiting to strike
    ;)

See they even have a smiley for me.

20. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

And I thought it must just be me:noidea: I Agree get the kids that wanna play a Muntantville to go to:cool:

Dan