Yummy Venison

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by STRO, Mar 3, 2007.

1. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

How many of you process your own venison and what all do you make?

A couple of friends and I all went in together and built a cooler and bought all the other stuff you need. So far we have made jerky, summer sausage, deer sticks, brats, steaks, burger, and bologna (tried to). It's really not that hard to do if you have the right equipment. It's just a matter of playing around with the different seasonings trying to find what you like the best.

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

venison

:biggrin1:
    Hi, there you've got to try this, take a tenderloin soak in 2gallon's water 4 cup's veniger overnight,cut in strip's the size of your pinkeyfinger,wrap each one with a half of piece of hardwood/smoked beacon & stick a toothpick through them,put in a tupperwear bowl or several of them with a large bottle of zesty italian dressing,in the frig. overnight then on the grill the next day.
    the best thing i ever tasted,my best friend won first place at the great venison cookoff in Virginia with this simple recipe.:biggrin1:

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have marinated them in italian dressing before and that is good. I usually put them in a food saver bag with the italian dressing and freeze them, then when you take them out and thaw them they are ready to go. That recipe looks good, I'll have to try that.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

we make sausage at my uncles house every year... i have no clue what they use for seasoning but it is some great stuff.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I always process my own. We make steaks,roasts,burger,and jerky. I love the feeling of accomplishment when you harvest and process your own animal.